New property and new toys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New property and new toys.

At the beginning of the year we purchased 40 acres in east Rains County that is within ten minutes from the Lake Fork Dam, and we are ready to get rolling on our new home place. I knew there was sign of wildlife in the area and the land we bought it ALL WOODS. My first thought was how in the world are we going to get clearing done without spending a fortune hiring people to come out and do the work. Our main goal at this point is to clear an area for a cabin and an easement for power to run about 75 yards off the road, and when I'm done with that I need about another 200 yard swath to where our house will be built. At that point my wife and I decided we needed some equipment to go with the new land. I then started searching for a tractor, but quickly decided a tractor with a regular mower and bucket was not going to tackle what we needed. I then came across varminthunter, Will with LSR enterprises n here, where he gave me advice on buying a skid steer and what equipment I would need to get to working on our land. I then found a very reasonably priced skid steer and soon after contacted Will again about purchasing a brush cutter. He hooked me up with one of his dealerships outside Tyler that has the cutter I am looking for. So as of now I'm waiting until this coming week to go and pick up the next piece to the puzzle of creating our dream place. My family has lots of hard work ahead of us, but the good lord will see us through.

I have a few pictures of the property where we ran across lots of deer and hog tracks and sign. I also set a game cam that was getting lots of activity. I'm ready to get the cabin going on the place so I can spend some time in the massive trees with my bow in hand.

sounds like you're living the life most would dream of. enjoy it. congrats!!

Comment

A few pics so far.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

VERY nice and congrats.

What's the red thing on the tree behind the deer?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          VERY nice and congrats.

What's the red thing on the tree behind the deer?
          They are all over the place, and that is exactly what my wife said. They are peanut butter lids where they cut the bottom out of the jar, screw the lid to the tree, and you get an instand deer attractant. Ive seen them all over east tx.

Comment

Congratulations to you. Just remember that you will never get finished so take some time for fishing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I sure could use that skid steer.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                Congratulations to you. Just remember that you will never get finished so take some time for fishing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                I hear ya brother, we have been where we are now for 13 years and it is a constant job. Thank you.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats brother...it’s an awesome feeling isn’t it? I have a new piece of property that has a tank that needs dirt work done and the berm reshaped. I could really use that skid steer for about a week myself.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      Congrats brother...it’s an awesome feeling isn’t it? I have a new piece of property that has a tank that needs dirt work done and the berm reshaped. I could really use that skid steer for about a week myself.
                      My dad came by my shop yesterday and was trying to figure out my next day off to come over and dig out the back of is pond, work the driveways on two of his rent houses and his house,lol. I hope i have time to start my projects.

Comment

Congrats! Nothing like having your own place and watching it come together!

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                          My dad came by my shop yesterday and was trying to figure out my next day off to come over and dig out the back of is pond, work the driveways on two of his rent houses and his house,lol. I hope i have time to start my projects.
                          Yessir....you are probably about to find out exactly how popular you just became.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                            At the beginning of the year we purchased 40 acres in east Rains County that is within ten minutes from the Lake Fork Dam, and we are ready to get rolling on our new home place. I knew there was sign of wildlife in the area and the land we bought it ALL WOODS. My first thought was how in the world are we going to get clearing done without spending a fortune hiring people to come out and do the work. Our main goal at this point is to clear an area for a cabin and an easement for power to run about 75 yards off the road, and when I'm done with that I need about another 200 yard swath to where our house will be built. At that point my wife and I decided we needed some equipment to go with the new land. I then started searching for a tractor, but quickly decided a tractor with a regular mower and bucket was not going to tackle what we needed. I then came across varminthunter, Will with LSR enterprises n here, where he gave me advice on buying a skid steer and what equipment I would need to get to working on our land. I then found a very reasonably priced skid steer and soon after contacted Will again about purchasing a brush cutter. He hooked me up with one of his dealerships outside Tyler that has the cutter I am looking for. So as of now I'm waiting until this coming week to go and pick up the next piece to the puzzle of creating our dream place. My family has lots of hard work ahead of us, but the good lord will see us through.

I have a few pictures of the property where we ran across lots of deer and hog tracks and sign. I also set a game cam that was getting lots of activity. I'm ready to get the cabin going on the place so I can spend some time in the massive trees with my bow in hand.
                            What attachment did u purchase? That skid steer doesn't have high flow. Ur limited on the attachments u can run that machine.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shiner78 View Post
                              What attachment did u purchase? That skid steer doesn't have high flow. Ur limited on the attachments u can run that machine.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
                              A blue diamond 4 blade 72" open front extreme brush cutter, its a beast even for a low flow tractor.

Comment

Working...
                              X