Porch for a travel trailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porch for a travel trailer?

Looking for some cheap ideas to build a little porch for my camper at the deer lease.

Anyone had any luck with pallets? I guess I would need to cover them so the kids don't break an ankle?

Any other suggestions?

Just need something to kick the shoes off on and maybe have room for a little table or chairs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0346.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	24742841

Pallets with a plywood cover......they will rot of course but they will do until you decide you want to build a real portable deck.

How is that new TT working out?

Comment

find a big piece of old indoor outdoor carpet and lay it down outside your door.

a little redneck but it will work. then all you need it 4 pallets with a sheet of plywood on top of it to put your shoes on
      Last edited by crittergitter; 10-19-2008, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Hurricane Ike tested the roof/vents/seals to the limit.....and the TT came out a loser. Had to take it to the dealer for a rush resealing/repair job. They got me fixed up and out the door in a few days in time for my hunting trip.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Comment

I really like the camp area of this place. Lots of room, nice fire pit, plenty of shade from the oaks, water/electric/septic is handy, and best of all....the wife likes it!

Even got me a 100 year old "golf cart storage facility" with my charger in it.

Name:	HPIM0353.jpg
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	23858226

Name:	HPIM0350.jpg
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	23858225

Comment

bobby you think there are any snakes in that pile of wood next to your shed?

Comment

Hey Chew....your camera is crooked on that 100 year golfcart storage pic.

I would like to have that in Christoval...

That Ranger and trailer adds $75-100 to my round trip fuel bill.

Comment

If you're looking for cheap, I'd go with the pallets but instead of ply I'd cover them with carpet remnants. If you can find a carpet store nearby they usually throw the old carpeting in a dumpster out back. It's a great way to soundproof the inside of box blinds too!
                -C

Comment

Originally posted by huntresss View Post
                  If you're looking for cheap, I'd go with the pallets but instead of ply I'd cover them with carpet remnants. If you can find a carpet store nearby they usually throw the old carpeting in a dumpster out back. It's a great way to soundproof the inside of box blinds too!
                  -C

cheryl....there some big ole boys in the Chew Crew.....

I don't know how long those pallets would last without some more support.....

Comment

cheryl....there some big ole boys in the Chew Crew.....

I don't know how long those pallets would last without some more support.....
                    plus me or smart might want to come visit also

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
                      plus me or smart might want to come visit also
                      .....I gotta see how the upper crust do it occassionally.....

Comment

Pallets with wood in the gaps or covered with wood fencing would work also.
                        Somebody in our area should have some heavy pallets you can use.

Don't move the firewood away from the building as I believe that is what is holding it up.

Comment

Originally posted by tmag592 View Post
                          Don't move the firewood away from the building as I believe that is what is holding it up.

Yessir....everytime the wind blows I see the building "breathing". It's time is near!

Comment

Pallets with a plywood cover......they will rot of course but they will do until you decide you want to build a real portable deck.

That is what I was going to say.
                            Jeff Young

Comment

We built a little mini-deck for our trailer, framed with 2x6's and covered with 2 sheets of treated plywoood. Instead of digging holes for the posts we used those concrete footings so it can be moved.

Comment

Working...
                              X