No announcement yet.

New "Dog House" rifle blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a great start already. I will sit back and watch from here.

Comment

The challenge is going to be to set it up by myself . I'll make in sections then lift it into place.

Comment

A little progress.

Comment

Looking good!

Is that your son?

Comment

Yes. My oldest of two

Comment

He sure has grow-n up!

I feel so old now.

Comment

Indoor/outdoor thermometer. 10 bucks at Walmart! That way when your cozy in your stand with your coat hanging on the coat hooks, you look over and see how cold it is outside and really appreciate your coat hooks..

Comment

Originally posted by boogieandbride View Post
                  Indoor/outdoor thermometer. 10 bucks at Walmart! That way when your cozy in your stand with your coat hanging on the coat hooks, you look over and see how cold it is outside and really appreciate your coat hooks..
                  I thought about that, but a weathe station. Wind speed, rain, direction, temp, history.

Usb charging station
                  Remote control lights (interior/exterior) I've already got the 2 channel remote.

Comment

Looks good, is it going to fit out of the garage?

Comment

Originally posted by Statton48 View Post
                      Looks good, is it going to fit out of the garage?
                      Not assembled

It'll have 9 sections.

Comment

Try to get some pictures of your assembly to help those of us who are mechanically challenged.

Comment

Hey Luck of three Draw, Just a word of caution, if that paneling is the Mossy Oak I would think twice about using it for outdoors. I used some on my stand rebuild two years ago and it has basically weathered away to nothing. Just a heads up

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Roads View Post
                            Hey Luck of three Draw, Just a word of caution, if that paneling is the Mossy Oak I would think twice about using it for outdoors. I used some on my stand rebuild two years ago and it has basically weathered away to nothing. Just a heads up
                            Yep I've used it before. You really need to be aware of any scratches or tears in the finish. I usually leave a can of spray paint in the blind for maintaining the outer shell.

The uv rays will also degrade the outer shell as well. It'll look good for a couple years , then like any blind you'll need to repaint it.

Comment

Overkill?
                              Last edited by Luck_of_the_Draw; 11-30-2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Sure hope it will fit out the garage door when you are done...... Looks close from the pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X