No announcement yet.

Everything Sushi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s a good place in Leander to get poke, which is kind of like sushi. Your choice of fish served over a bed of rice. They have many different toppings you can add also. I usually get spicy tuna, spicy salmon, crab salad, edamame, jalapeño, crispy onions and spicy mayo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8764290A-AE19-4F49-99BB-BEDAC9483F18.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	24583284
    Last edited by Edward F; 06-16-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I first ventured into sushi a few years ago. I always had in my mind that raw fish had to be horrible, I was very wrong. I love sashimi, salmon is my favorite, it melts in your mouth, but love others too. I also love trying different rolls. But things like cucumber salad and seaweed salads have very interesting flavors. I like to try something new every time I eat sushi.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
        Hamachi, Tai, Maguro sashimi were my go to in Japan...they were the cheapest. I found out there is a proper etiquette form for eating sashimi when at a business meal...late night watching Japanese AFN...thumb on one long side, middle finger on other long side, index on short side...dip bottom long side in sauce...tilt head to certain degree angle...whole thing goes down the hatch.

We tried horse sashimi at a sushi go round...it wasnt bad. I wish sushi go rounds were here in the states. For those who dont know...Sushi go rounds are like McDonalds of sushi. Basic format of food preparers in a corral/bar in the center of a small building, conveyor belt around the preparers bar, seats all around the bar...the preparers prepare sushi or sashimi or special orders and place on various colored plates onto the conveyor. First come first serve. The colored plates denote the pricing for the prepared food. Keep your plates stacked and pay based on how many of each color plate.

I wasnt a taker at first but fish in Japan doesnt taste fishy. I have yet to eat sushi/sashimi in Los Estados Unidos in a restaurant that wasnt powerfully fishy.
        The "go rounds" are popular in northern California. San Jose has a big one but we prefer the personal service. Any place that smells fishy we dont support.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m real big on salmon. I think it’s much better than tuna, but that’s personal preference I guess. I like tuna avocado roll and salmon nigiri. Pretty much all I eat now.

Comment

While in Portland Oregon for work we would go to this sushi place with a conveyor. It would go around the center of the place, happy hour was amazing there.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
              Hamachi, Tai, Maguro sashimi were my go to in Japan...they were the cheapest. I found out there is a proper etiquette form for eating sashimi when at a business meal...late night watching Japanese AFN...thumb on one long side, middle finger on other long side, index on short side...dip bottom long side in sauce...tilt head to certain degree angle...whole thing goes down the hatch.

We tried horse sashimi at a sushi go round...it wasnt bad. I wish sushi go rounds were here in the states. For those who dont know...Sushi go rounds are like McDonalds of sushi. Basic format of food preparers in a corral/bar in the center of a small building, conveyor belt around the preparers bar, seats all around the bar...the preparers prepare sushi or sashimi or special orders and place on various colored plates onto the conveyor. First come first serve. The colored plates denote the pricing for the prepared food. Keep your plates stacked and pay based on how many of each color plate.

I wasnt a taker at first but fish in Japan doesnt taste fishy. I have yet to eat sushi/sashimi in Los Estados Unidos in a restaurant that wasnt powerfully fishy.
              I was in Brisbane once and walked into a sushi go round, had never heard of it before. What I loved about it is you can try various rolls and dishes without having to buy a whole roll or portion, great for variety. I have never seen one in the US, I loved it. I did wonder about the freshness of some of it, but loved the variety.

Comment

We had this last nice, mmm.

56 pcs for $61 during happy hour!

Visit San Antonio's premier location for sushi, contemporary Asian fusion dishes, and traditional Japanese food.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Boomboom; 06-16-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I like everything sushi bar [emoji106]
                  Sashimi being my favorite, always have to have some mackerel, just cause

Comment

Maguro, ebi, hamachi, sake, and everything in between! I eat and love it weekly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't ever met a piece of sushi I don't like I don't think. Jalapeno rolls probably aren't considered real sushi but I always have to get those no matter what. I can eat over $100 worth of sushi by myself so I don't eat it as often as I'd like to.

My stomach is growling now. Gosh dang it I'm probably gonna have to go get some sushi today....
                      Last edited by okrattler; 06-16-2019, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        Sashimi (over rice) is really good, especially maguro (fatty tuna). Maguro is found at the better sushi restaurants as it is expensive. Temporo is a fair entry level/ starting place. Yes, the more exotic cuts and rolls carry quite different pricing. No different than finer cuts of meat. I run the gambit, we like the finer places due to the options available and the atmosphere but you can catch me in HEB and Kroger as both of our locations have sushi chefs inside. My HEB guys will make whatever I want. Shaggy Dog, soft shell crab and Rainbow Rolls are my geaux to rolls.[emoji6]

This man knows what up

I grew up in Hawaii so sushi, sashimi and poke were daily meals. We are more fish than meat because it was cheaper and easier to get. I like too many to pick a favorite but I always get a rainbow roll, unagi, uni is fantastic

One of my favorite is fresh ono sliced thin and a quick dip in shoyu and you’re set. I need to get down to the salt and stock up!

Comment

Oh and it’s not “sushi” but headed to Kroger right now to get spam and nori so I can make a couple dozen spam musubi. Wish I knew how to make manapua

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            Oh and it’s not “sushi” but headed to Kroger right now to get spam and nori so I can make a couple dozen spam musubi. Wish I knew how to make manapua
                            U Hawaiian's keep Spam solvent!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] I even eat it when in Maui!!![emoji2956]

Comment

I just told my daughter yesterday while eating sushi that I could eat it every day. There are so many options & combinations, raw or cooked, that it would never get old. I'm not a big fan if salmon, so I usually go for anything with tuna or crab. For a simple roll I prefer a plain spicy tuna roll. Many places have similar rolls, but often different names. Some of our basic favorites are crunchy calamari, viva Las Vegas, toosi maki and spicy shrimp tempura. It's hard to beat fatty tuna if they have it or uni with a raw quail egg on top.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fact, God made most fishes to be eaten raw.

Comment

Working...
                                X