How did you propose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you propose

I found a keeper and looking for ideas for a proposal. I don't plan on doing it for about another year or two, but just trying to get some ideas. I know every girl is different and don't like the same things but would like to hear some suggestions. I have one idea tho. I was thinking about doing it one Christmas with the family around. She does photography as a side job and I was thinking about making wooden letters that would spell out will you marry me, and put them in a box and tell her I have some props for her to use and have someone recorded the whole thing. but how did you pop the question

Don't do it. Jk. Good luck.

Comment

I wrote a song and sang it to her. Titled "Just Say Yes". She did.

Comment

My proposal was not too romantic. I bought her the ring and had it in my glove box and asked her to get me something from there . I knew she'd see it...She did and opened it. Next thing she came running at me with a BIG smile. 24 years later ...here we are.

Comment

Rockefeller Center in NYC before Christmas. She is a special lady--put up with a lot when I was in college so she deserved as much as I could give her.

This photo hangs in our living room.
          Attached Files

Comment

Took her to S. Padre and proposed on the beach!

Comment

After a dove hunt, feathers and blood everywhere. She wasn't thrilled but still said yes

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
                Don't do it.

This lol

Comment

I took her out to a nice restaurant followed by a small plane I rented to fly us over Dallas with some wine and snacks. It was around Christmas when all the lights were out. It worked. Later we joked when she asked what I would have done if she said no. I told her that I had a parachute for her.

Comment

I pranked her on the ski lifts at Keystone. Pulled out the ring so she could see a glimmer before it fell 40 feet to the snow below. A bunch of sweet stuff happened then I pulled out the real one.

Comment

Drunk so couldn't really say...

However I asked again 15 years later in St Croix on the beech. And only slightly buzzed this round lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                        My proposal was not too romantic. I bought her the ring and had it in my glove box and asked her to get me something from there . I knew she'd see it...She did and opened it. Next thing she came running at me with a BIG smile. 24 years later ...here we are.
                        Lmao same for me

Comment

I proposed at her parents house after spending the day with her dad and asking his permission. She didn't believe me and thought I was goofing around.

I guess that's a downfall of being a clown.

Comment

She was laying in the couch and asked for a banana twin. I had no idea how I was going to do it, so I ran grabbed the ring, opened the banana twins, stuck the ring in between the two, give it to her and asked her if she'd be my nanner twin. Lol we're goofy like that and not in any way romantic. It fit the bill for us and she was dying laughing. She said yes.

Comment

Don't wait!! If you know she's the one go for it!! Nobody said you have to get married right away.

Comment

Working...
                              X