My biggest buck ever! Krivoman outdoors hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest buck ever! Krivoman outdoors hunt

Some of yall followed our live hunt this past weekend, So this will be more of a recap. But for those that missed it, I killed my biggest buck to date. This is a special deer. Mass, tine length and incredible colored horns..

I was set up in a tower blind watching a feeder and sender looking to film this deer. I liked him since the very first trail cam picture. I had planned on doing a Mule deer hunt this year, but that feel threw so I decided to just Book a hunt with myself. I had a hunter in camp who has hunted 5 years strait with me. He is also a big deer killing machine. TXdukklr is also probably one of the best live hunt guys to have in camp too. But more importantly he is honest as the day is long, so he is allowed to hunt alone since he is usually targeting only one or2 big deer.. I was going to be watching txdukklr from a tower blind, but he insisted that I go look for the deer known as PBJ (pretty boy Jr.) So off I went. PBJ was currently at a stand that did not have a bow blind. I had brought a couple of Krivoman blinds and one was for this location. After day one, we set up the Krivoman blind near the feeder. I wanted to watch the feeder and krivo blind from the tower blind to see how the deer react to the new bow blind. They hardly paid any attention to it. But I was able to get a lot of the deer 15 yards in every direction from the tower blind.

During this hunt I was able to lay eyes on PBJ. He was glorious. What an amazing animal. He did not come into the hand corn, but got close. So the next morning I decided with the wind not great for the Krivoblind I would stay in the tower blind. The tower is a 4x6 gun blind. Not overly big windows either. So getting a shot with a bow was going to be tough.

About 7:20 am, I have 10 deer eating on hand corn on both ides of the blind. I can only shoot left or right, not strait ahead towards feeder. I had a couple 150 class 4 to5 year olds to my left along wth a big 140 8 that is on the hit list for management hunts. While watching them I caught movement of a new deer that popped in the front sender at about 45 yards. It was pbj. He was headed my way. He circled to my left and ran off the other deer by merely walking into the sender. I let him get comfy on the hand corn. I needed everything to be perfect out this blind. Problem was, I would have to be standing, but in the splits to get low enough to shoot out the window. Big guy in little blind doing the splits is a lot to get done.. But I was able to wait for the perfect angle and put a slammin on him. He did not make it more than 40-50 yards.

Landowner measure him at 166 2/8 which impressive since his brows were under 2 inches and one of this g4s is an inch. Mass and long 2s and 3s helped that out.

As for the new Ranch, It is going to be a very VERY good season. We saw so many dang bug bucks my head was spinning. The age class is amazing. Hunters who are hunting with me will be hunting 7-12 year old deer. Lots of them. I can not wait to see all the big deer we kill this year.

Here are a couple of LDPS as well as the video. Hope you enjoy...

Pics:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PBJ tbh.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	25035380

Name:	PBJ front tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	25035381

Name:	PBJ1 tbh.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	25035382

Video:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Sweet!!!

Comment

Man that is a beautiful buck. Congrats!!!!

Comment

Nice Mitch

Comment

Congrats again Mitch! Had fun going along for the ride with you and Sean. Looking forward to the next one!

Comment

Congrats again brother.

Comment

Very nice deer! Mitch.Congrats! on the new ranch

Comment

Sweet shot!!

Congrats!

Comment

You're Blessed!

Comment

Great deer Mitch, congrats again!

Comment

Nice buck! Congrats

Comment

Awesome congrats!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

WOW Mitch!! Congrats on an awesome buck!!

Comment

Wow~! Very nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X