Exotic Hunt 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exotic Hunt 2010-2011

Hey guys, finally got this video edited down from almost 20 min to 15 so i could get it posted up here so its missing some good footage but it should work. Its December 31 and the guys and I are headed up to Ricky Hunt's at www.huntsbowhuntingranch.com to celebrate the new year with a bang. Its my first video of hopefully many more, and I just got the software a few days ago so hopefully with time, it will get better.
    ALSO WATCH IN HD (takes a little longer to download)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0JW7U1RssM"]YouTube - Exotic Bowhunting 2010-2011[/ame]

Are you saying that's your first ever hunting video? If so, that's an incredible job! Even if not, it's still very good! Congrats to all the hunters and especially to you for getting your wallet back! lol

If you don't mind me asking, what software are you using? I just started using Pinnacle Studio 14.

One of the things I'm looking to do is start using some voiceover in my videos. I recently bought a microphone for that purpose. I think it might improve this video as well. The idea is instead of having as many cutaways like the ones with you sitting in the recliner, you could keep the action rolling while narrating over it. That would help keep the video length shorter and more action packed for the viewer, while still getting in all you want to say about the hunt. Again, I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but that's what I'm looking at doing in my upcoming videos. Just throwing it out there as an idea you might want to consider.

I look forward to seeing more of your videos!

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
      Are you saying that's your first ever hunting video? If so, that's an incredible job! Even if not, it's still very good! Congrats to all the hunters and especially to you for getting your wallet back! lol

If you don't mind me asking, what software are you using? I just started using Pinnacle Studio 14.

One of the things I'm looking to do is start using some voiceover in my videos. I recently bought a microphone for that purpose. I think it might improve this video as well. The idea is instead of having as many cutaways like the ones with you sitting in the recliner, you could keep the action rolling while narrating over it. That would help keep the video length shorter and more action packed for the viewer, while still getting in all you want to say about the hunt. Again, I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but that's what I'm looking at doing in my upcoming videos. Just throwing it out there as an idea you might want to consider.

I look forward to seeing more of your videos!
      Appreciate it! and yes its my first, plan on making more though. I decided to go with Adobe Premiere Elements 9. Its a great software, endless opportunities with it. As far as the voice over, I like the idea of that, I'll have to get a mic so I can give it a whirl. Thanks for watching!

Comment

Just experimenting to see if it's possible to pull a decent avatar off an HD video.

It's OK I guess, but I can still do better with a photo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Btechdestroyer_001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	23969319

Not as sharp. But I think a little bit of that has to do with your buddy not holding the camera quite steady.

Congrats again!

Comment

haha, nice, preciate it

Comment

I enjoyed the hunt.

Comment

Logan, great job. Enjoyed it!

Comment

Very good especially for your first time. I was amazed you did not take a shot on that blackbuck that came under your stand. That rarely happens but, it would be hard for me to pass up a shot on a blackbuck. I spent many hours in the places you hunted from and have taken one or two exotics in the areas where you filmed. Great job and look forward to the next one. Btw, was my bed comfy? : )

Comment

Originally posted by Texotic View Post
                  Logan, great job. Enjoyed it!
                  Thanks Rickey, looking forward to the next trip

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    Very good especially for your first time. I was amazed you did not take a shot on that blackbuck that came under your stand. That rarely happens but, it would be hard for me to pass up a shot on a blackbuck. I spent many hours in the places you hunted from and have taken one or two exotics in the areas where you filmed. Great job and look forward to the next one. Btw, was my bed comfy? : )
                    Thanks alot! Was I tempted to shoot that blackbuck? YES!!! Haha. I decided to pass because I was impressed by the inside spread on that fallow and my deer season didnt go so well so I really needed something that would produce a lot more meat than the blackbuck. Is the blackbuck next on my list? YES!

Comment

Great job on the video, I was very impressed with your editing! Congrats on the bow kills.

Kevin

Comment

thats pretty good for a first time editing. i recently upgraded from imovie to final cut pro, its is also a program with endless possiblities and i have lots to learn. how did you do the intro, was that a program capability?

Comment

Originally posted by Travissalinas View Post
                          thats pretty good for a first time editing. i recently upgraded from imovie to final cut pro, its is also a program with endless possiblities and i have lots to learn. how did you do the intro, was that a program capability?
                          The intro is actually a "mini movie" that you can create by selecting the clips you want, putting them in the time line and then it compiles all the different clips together to go along with what ever movie theme you desire. Made me look good when actually I had not a clue thats what it was going to do, haha, it was actually one of those "i wonder what this button will do" jobs.
                          As you said, I still have tons of stuff to learn on it, i hardly even touched the effects.

Comment

cool!

Comment

Great video and hunt.... I appreciate you sharing it with us. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X