No announcement yet.

Deer Camp Socializing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never had the experience before me and my dad have a lease 30 min from each of our houses. Would like to have it but also like being able to sleep in my own bed

Comment

60% Hunting 40% Camp

Not having folks to cut up with makes for a boring time. But I don't care how fun the atmosphere is, if I payed hundreds/thousands of $ to have a lease, I better kill something.

Comment

Its 50/50 for me. I go in thinking ive won already since im out in the woods instead of at work. It also depends on how.much ive paid for the hunt. I think folks who pay 15k 20k for a trophy buck have a different perspective on things and they might take it more serious than my public land hunting self.
        I usually take my three boys who are 12,12,and 15. If we so much as see an animal its a success!

Comment

Mine is probably 70% camp and 30% hunt .. I have our place all to myself and I just don't get into to the deer hunting anymore but when I go on guided hunts I have a blast at camp. So I would have to say if there were others on our place with a camp I would probably like it a lot more. Heck we even have great deer but the fun just isn't on the same level.

Comment

It used to be 70% deer camp 30% hunting. Then somehow that percentage gradually got swapped around because of the lack of others assisting with things that make a deer camp function. I found myself doing more and enjoying less if you know what I mean. I ended up getting off the lease about 4 years ago and haven't really enjoyed hunting like I should be doing since. Hopefully I will get a grip soon, move forward soon and get back to the things I really enjoyed about hunting. Sorry for the whining.

Comment

95% hunt 5% camp... had too many hunts ruined at camps because of boozers.
              These days I usually hunt alone because of it.

Comment

Whenever we are4 not in the stands we are cooking, listening to music, horseshoes, cards, BS'ing with beverages, sitting around the fire, etc. I would say that deer camp for me is 30% hunting, 30% sleeping, and 40% hanging out in camp.

Comment

I hunt my own land in Montague county but have some friends that helped me build a deer camp. Still a work in progress.

Archery season is about 70/30 hunting, since I'm really the only one that bow hunts. I usually have my serious hunting done with by the time general season rolls around.

When we all get together during general season it's about 50/50 hunting and camp for me. We hunt in the mornings and afternoons, drinks at night and generally make fools of ourselves but nobody gets schnockered.

All in all deer camp is really a very important part of the hunt to me. It's a lot of fun to go out to the land 90 minutes from the house with great friends. The older I get the more important camp life is I guess.

Comment

Both are equally as important so I guess 50/50.

Comment

I do enjoy good conversation with positive people and love talking hunting. But I am there to hunt first, then if there is time, hang out and enjoy good company.

Comment

Depends if my kids are with me or not. If I'm alone its all about the hunt. If the kids are with me its all about them enjoying the great outdoors. I've got to do alot of scouting the last 3 years when we get out of the stand at 8:00. Kids are now official hooked to everything about going hunting. They get upset if I go without them.

Comment

50 /50

Comment

70% camp 30% hunting...

Comment

As a youngster I lived for the camp. Now I could care less about having a campfire or socializing around one. I go to hunt

Comment

camp

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Y'all don't have a camp at the new place Randall??
                                Don't you remember the snake in trailer thread....

Comment

Working...
                                X