Best solution for keeping feathers dry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best solution for keeping feathers dry

What is the best solution to keeping your feathers dry? I bought some bohning feather powdered and it works okay.

I've never used anything. I just try to keep from rubbing my feathers up against anything when they're wet. Easy enough to do since I'm so paranoid about how straight my arrows are.

Correcton: I have tried "Camp Dry". I didn't like the results I got.

Comment

I found hunting from a popup keeps them pretty dry and walking to it with arrows in a cat quiver keeps them from getting wet on the way there.

Comment

I think my brother uses snow dry. It seams to work good

Comment

Haven't really worried about it, butt I heard hairspray does just as good as any of the other stuff out there.

Comment

Seems there's this product called Sno- something or other. A lot of the northers use. Can't remember. I'll do some checking.

Comment

Thats why I like to use natural barred turkey feathers. I winder if buzzard feathers would work?

Comment

If buzzard feathers can work I bet I can load up in San Angelo! Sky was black with em the ranch magr said from all the dead deer along the river.
                I use the Bohnig stuff..works pretty well..I would think hairspray would make them stiff, MAYBE not. I aint no wizard ya know

Comment

I have used the powder with good effect. It will wear off after a bit, it's not permanent. You could only hunt on sunny days.

I have heard that goose feathers work much better than buzzard, that is if you can't get condor, whooping crane, or spotted owl.

Comment

I have never used anything.. But I have heard the thing about the hair spray. I wonder how it works??

Comment

sno-dry that you get from 3-rivers archery works pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                      X