X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell you can borrow mine to see how you like it if you want

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Dmack- does that hot melt glue hold the inserts even in carbons?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is the glue that Roland was talking about Andy:

Comment

That's right. I was thinking that last night too but couldn't remember the name. I still have some of that in my box

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
            Dmack- does that hot melt glue hold the inserts even in carbons?

Yes. We use it on the points, Inserts and the bushings. It works best that we have seen so far. Gene curry told us to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
              Here is the glue that Roland was talking about Andy:

I have used that also. Takes a hotter flame to melt and if your not careful it can damage the shaft. It's also a hard glue. Cracks like glass.

Comment

Ok thanks. I will look for the white hot melt and give it a try. I've been using super glue gel for a long time but it takes away the ability to broadhead tune.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                  I have used that also. Takes a hotter flame to melt and if your not careful it can damage the shaft. It's also a hard glue. Cracks like glass.
                  True statements.
                  Also, over time it gets brittle and fails to hold. That's why we switched to super glue years ago!

Comment

I guess it would stay softer too...? I have a hard time with hitting hard objects that cause the insert to pop out just a tad and it bulges out the shaft. I'm guessing it's the CA glue trying to be too tight of a bond and causing that bulge....?

So I guess the white hot can take some abuse and not pull out of arrow in a tight target, or on an impact that would cause the nock to blow out, good with judo abuse and stump shooting with blunts. Us trad guys can get pretty dang hard on arrows!

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                      I guess it would stay softer too...? I have a hard time with hitting hard objects that cause the insert to pop out just a tad and it bulges out the shaft. I'm guessing it's the CA glue trying to be too tight of a bond and causing that bulge....?

So I guess the white hot can take some abuse and not pull out of arrow in a tight target, or on an impact that would cause the nock to blow out, good with judo abuse and stump shooting with blunts. Us trad guys can get pretty dang hard on arrows!

It won't help on bushings popping out. When an arrow hits something hard. Something has to give. And it's the bushing a lot of times.

Comment

Bushing as in insert? I can live with that as long as it doesn't create that bulge that to me looks to be compromising the carbon. And as long as it doesn't pull out in a tight target.

Comment

Bushing as in insert? I can live with that as long as it doesn't create that bulge that to me looks to be compromising the carbon. And as long as it doesn't pull out in a tight target.

The bushing is the end of the arrow that holds the nock.

Comment

too much technical mumbo jumbo

Comment

too much technical mumbo jumbo

Not really.
                              It's nock- bushing-arrow-insert-point. Pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                                Not really.
                                It's nock- bushing-arrow-insert-point. Pretty simple.
                                Wait..... you actually use bushings on those fattie arrows.. my cheap beamans just cram a nock into the end of the arrow itself

Comment

Working...
                                X