No announcement yet.

San Saba Ranch / ABC ranch / www.sansabaranch.com a bad review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very sorry to hear that. As an outstater i have to depend on places to pay to hunt...I am glad that you posted this though, as i can mark this down on my "Dont go there " list....thanks and sorry...Shoe

Comment

My hat's off to you gentlemen! Y'all handled this very well. From the sounds of things (just my assumption), this "friend" of Richard's sounds like his "money man" and Richard is stuck in the middle. The one day hunt I go on every year there are sometimes some other folks around. Everyone has always welcomed each other with a handshake and an open cooler. Makes you wonder how many other previous hunters had to put up with this kind of treatment that y'all received. I hope with this coming out for everyone (here) to see will prevent a lot of his bookings. This is just **** poor way of doing business on Richard's part.

Good Service - Tell you friends
      Bad Service - TELL EVERYONE!!!

Maybe we need to let these threads run for a week or so and then e-mail them to him... Maybe then he'll realize the amount of business he's already lost and the business he'll never get!

Comment

Originally posted by wassaw View Post
        DR, weren't we told something about "a friend" on our trip a few years back?? glad we didn't have this experience.....
        ...I remember him mentioning his "friend" too...like you, glad we didn't have the same experience during our stay...

After reading about this bad situation, I am truly embarrassed that a picture of me is on his webpage with a hog I shot during our trip...

Comment

If I hadn't already sent in my deposit for an upcoming hunt, I'd be cancelling and going elsewhere. My group AIN'T into doggin or taking a bunch of crap from some jackhole. We'll see what happens...

Comment

Originally posted by KHo View Post
            ...I remember him mentioning his "friend" too...like you, glad we didn't have the same experience during our stay...

After reading about this bad situation, I am truly embarrassed that a picture of me is on his webpage with a hog I shot during our trip...
            I would ask him to take it down if it was me.

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
            If I hadn't already sent in my deposit for an upcoming hunt, I'd be cancelling and going elsewhere. My group AIN'T into doggin or taking a bunch of crap from some jackhole. We'll see what happens...
            I would at least give him a phone call and voice some concerns before I spent my hard earned money and time at his place.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
              From the sounds of things (just my assumption), this "friend" of Richard's sounds like his "money man" and Richard is stuck in the middle.
              Richard has no "money man"! He is the money man.
              Last edited by Fishndude; 09-13-2010, 12:55 PM.

Comment

he pocketed $1400 and probably was happy about it. What he didn't realize is that he lost 100x that much business by his actions. Cross one TBHer and you cross us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                  I would be loosing sleep after reading all the post above, if I had sent in a deposit and still had plans on hunting this place. I think I would have to call the spineless owner and ask him a few questions before I wasted my time going to a place that miss-represented the truth.

I will scratch ABC off the list of maybes!!!!!!!!!!

Rwc

Comment

Jerks 0
                    Responsible, Respectful Bowhunters 1

We win.

Comment

If that's the way he continues to handle his business, he's going to have plenty of practice time for those dogs.
                      Way to keep your composure and let him know that not all hunters tolerate loudmouth drunks.

Comment

Well played fellas. I don't know if I would have been so polite.

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Dang dude, that blows. Sounds like Richard was a first class chicken ****.
                        or a Purple Richard Cranium.

>E

Comment

Hard to imagine a more carefree & easy going group of hunters for a ranch to wish for than this group of guys.
                          Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

sorry about a ruined hunt. it shows what kind of person you are when you keep your cool under those situations

Comment

i have started to comment on this a few times now and still cant do it with out my blood pressure rising.

i am very grateful that i have a great core of friends and hunting buddies. as well as a great community that stands up for each other.

i cant sway any ones decisions, but there are too many, far better places to shoot a hog than this. where you will never be put in any bad situations. i will never go back or say a good thing about this place. thats all i will say now...

thanks for yalls support and i hope this thread helps keep others from having a similar problem.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely stay away from that place. Glad you handled the situation with class, and more importantly stuck together.

Comment

Working...
                                X