New state inspection process breakdown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
    Last week I posted about this. These are the 3 scenarios. Real simple. Starts March 1.

If your stickers expire in the same month, you have 90 days prior to get your inspection done, ahead of re-registering your vehicle.

If your inspection expires before your registration. Get your inspection when it expires. This time, you won't get a sticker, just an inspection report. Then, go to the tax office with that report when your registration is due and get one sticker for both.

If your inspection expires after your registration, you're in luck. When you go to get your car registered, your inspection is still current. So you've got one more cycle before you've got to get your car inspected again.
    Sounds really simple, but it isn't!
    Registration on my wife's car is April and inspection is March. However, she received a letter from TDMV saying there was no record of inspection on her car and she would have to get it inspected before she could renew registration. And, they have her vehicle registration due March instead of April like the sticker says. So what should be simple is Simply Not!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
      I solved all the confusion.... I went and bought a new truck cause my sticker was about to expire...
      Do you still get a two year inspection credit for the new vehicle?

Comment

What about trailer registration? Will we have to get trailer's inspected to get the tags?

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
          Do you still get a two year inspection credit for the new vehicle?
          Yes you can....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
            I solved all the confusion.... I went and bought a new truck cause my sticker was about to expire...
            LOL Just hope the dealership did it right... Otherwise you will be in double confusion territory

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              LOL Just hope the dealership did it right... Otherwise you will be in double confusion territory
              That would be THEIR problem...

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
                What about trailer registration? Will we have to get trailer's inspected to get the tags?

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                  Sounds really simple, but it isn't!

Registration on my wife's car is April and inspection is March. However, she received a letter from TDMV saying there was no record of inspection on her car and she would have to get it inspected before she could renew registration. And, they have her vehicle registration due March instead of April like the sticker says. So what should be simple is Simply Not!

Go to mytxcar.com & enter vin # & inspection #

Comment

Will you be able to renew registration via online still? Hopefully it will be able to pull your inspection from a database and verify it was done so you can proceed with online registration.

Comment

I got my truck inspected over the weekend and they gave me an inspection reciept thingy that I have to keep and present when I go to update my registration, which they will issue one sticker for both at that time, so the paper says.

Comment

What about state vehicles that are exempt from registration and have only an inspection sticker?

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
                          Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                          Yes.
                          It depends.
                          Were you supposed to get your trailer inspected before this new rule?
                          If so, then yes, you'll need to get it inspected before you renew your registration.

If your trailer was exempt from inspection before, then it's still exempt from inspection now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbabowhunter View Post
                            What about state vehicles that are exempt from registration and have only an inspection sticker?
                            That would be the state's problem.
                            Not sure how that affects any of us that are asking/answering questions in this thread.

Comment

All inspection info should be in a database. You only need to show your inspection report if it is not showing up electronically.

As for the gentleman who mentioned that he got an inspection sticker last Saturday, this is true. But there are no more stickers after March 1.

Comment

My truck has been in the shop for the last 2 weeks (ok, it is a spare vehicle). Shop could not complete the work list on it because they ran out of inspection stickers (all the shops were told to limit their back inventory due to the change)

It the past, autoreaders would get me stopped within a week of the tags expiring, but only issue with the inspection was if you were stopped for something else. Now inspections will also be in the database - so you will get stopped by the autoreaders as well.

---
                                I don't know if you should remove your expired inspection if you get inspected now - but if you are really worried, you can probably get a replacement tag (as in your windshield was damaged).
                                Last edited by Mousehunter; 03-02-2015, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X