Went to the ranch yesterday afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the ranch yesterday afternoon

We rolled in about 4 p m about the same time the front hit, the wind was gusting to 40 so I just hunted from the house, stuck two boars, seen several deer surprisingly, one was a 4 year old 10 point that would go mid 40's, shot one more hog with double 00 buck in the moon light after clouds had passed. Crawled up in my tree this morning, nice and bright with the moon, about 7:40 I see a buck coming my way, I was familiar with him, could have shot him with a rifle 3 years ago but I figured him to be a 4 year old, he would go about 155 or so back then, anyway he comes down the trail and stops broadside at 20 yards, I decide to take him, ran a 100 grain silver flame through him, he made it about 50 yards before he crashed, he had 13 points and had gone down hill as far as his rack was concerned, had to get the tractor to load him, maybe 220-240 on the hoof. It was my first sit this year, killed a big mature buck last year in the exact same spot, dang I love this bowhunting.

How about some pics

Comment

Story like that needs some pics partner. Just sayin.

Comment

Sounds like a productive trip. Calling out numbers like that requires pics though. Otherwise, cool story.

Comment

Sorry guys, I have never learned how to post pics, really did not want to ask someone to do it for me, if my son stops by maybe he will post them.

Comment

Photos?!!!

Comment

If you can email pics to me I will post them. I don't do to well with the phone and texts.

dennis7767@sbcglobal.net Was this in Wilbarger County?

Comment

Originally posted by cheez View Post
                If you can email pics to me I will post them. I don't do to well with the phone and texts.

dennis7767@sbcglobal.net Was this in Wilbarger County?
                I sent them from my iPhone, don't know if they went through, it is hell being computer illiterate.

Comment

Sounds like a great hunt, ready to see this guy

Comment

Text me pics if you want them posted. 325 nine3eight71fivefour.

Comment

Pics for mj.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great bow kill, MJ. You should be proud.

Comment

awesome deer!

Comment

Great deer congrats

Comment

. Yes sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X