No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. Saw a lot of elk but they weren't talking until 3 days ago. We made the most of it. They had already shut up this morning. Still have one guy trying to kill.

I'm almost home... Thanks guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by unclefish; 09-09-2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Just left colorado and they had just started bugling, but still only moving at first and last light due to heat.
      Headed back in a few weeks.

Congrats on the great bull.

Comment

Set our camp , game day flag made the trip to the mountains.
        Warm and breezy but the elk were talking to each other, not coming to calls.
        First snow this week for the Snowy Range. We'll go back up Thursday for another few days.
        No too much pressure yet, camps are mostly vacant till the moon phase changes.
        A couple of filed shots for you, spouse found the big elk trail creek crossing. Unfortunately looks like an Oklahoma hunter found it as well as his truck was parked near the trail last 2 days.
        Pretty happy my camo works well in the blowdown.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
          Just left colorado and they had just started bugling, but still only moving at first and last light due to heat.
          Headed back in a few weeks.

Congrats on the great bull.
          Smart move.

Comment

Antelope tag filled, mule deer tag next then hope to have enough time to chase bugles

Comment

Good looking camp wytex, love the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                Antelope tag filled, mule deer tag next then hope to have enough time to chase bugles

Can’t wait for pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  Has anyone here hunted unit 751 in CO?
                  Ive hunted in 75 and parts of 751. lots of elk, lots of pressure and rough country.

Comment

These pictures are firing me up. Im headed out Thursday after work and plan to pull into my camp Friday late afternoon. I will spend Saturday doing a little scouting and setting out a few cameras. Sunday I will be looking for a Gila Monster!

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                      Ive hunted in 75 and parts of 751. lots of elk, lots of pressure and rough country.

Thanks boss I’m in between 78 an 751...751 looks wayyy more rugged

Comment

I got Nick's bull on camera when he shot him.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                        I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                          Set our camp , game day flag made the trip to the mountains.
                          Warm and breezy but the elk were talking to each other, not coming to calls.
                          First snow this week for the Snowy Range. We'll go back up Thursday for another few days.
                          No too much pressure yet, camps are mostly vacant till the moon phase changes.
                          A couple of filed shots for you, spouse found the big elk trail creek crossing. Unfortunately looks like an Oklahoma hunter found it as well as his truck was parked near the trail last 2 days.
                          Pretty happy my camo works well in the blowdown.
                          Looks great! Would love to chat some about WY elk if you have time. I’m headed for my first trip out of Crowheart 1st rifle season.

PM sent!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                            I got Nick's bull on camera when he shot him.

NM archery elk hunt 2019 - YouTube" style="display:none;">
                            IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                            NM archery elk hunt 2019 - YouTube')">NM archery elk hunt 2019 - YouTube')"> I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
                            NM archery elk hunt 2019 - YouTube">NM archery elk hunt 2019 - YouTube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Bada**

Comment

Went solo otc opening week of Colorado. Saw a ton of elk each day, but they weren’t bugling or responding to calls. Managed to get a cow on the 4th day. Headed back up tomorrow to call for some buddies and try and fill my bear tag. Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Way to go Uncle Fish & Nick !

Comment

Working...
                                X