Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Thank you!!

We called and asked about a 4 wheeler and they said it can be brought but can only be on the designated roads. If a truck/jeep will work on the roads seems like there's no point to bring it. Any input on that as far as area 4 goes? They'll be taking a Double Bull and I'd like to send them with a tripod stand as well but hate to bring a flatbed just for the tripod if they're not bringing a 4 wheeler.
    Like you said, there's really no point in bringing one if you have a truck or jeep that can get around on the roads. A popup will work well setup near the pond that is closest to the entrance. There is a good oak flat for the tripod as well as a couple other places that arent hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbabowhunter View Post
      Any info on 8G? Are there assigned blinds for this area?
      I will post the map for 8 tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
        Like you said, there's really no point in bringing one if you have a truck or jeep that can get around on the roads. A popup will work well setup near the pond that is closest to the entrance. There is a good oak flat for the tripod as well as a couple other places that arent hard to find.
        Beautiful, I was looking at the maps and had that pond circled in red! Thanks!

Comment

Here's unit 8. Do yall prefer the maps in pdf form or jpg?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
            Here's unit 8. Do yall prefer the maps in pdf form or jpg?
            Thanks guys, the map looks good. Appreciate all the info.

Comment

Just got my notice. Unit #1

Comment

7J here.

Comment

Wow I didn't know about the blind on 7, it has been about 5 or 6 years that I was on that one. That is one of the areas I like.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibby View Post
                    Just got my notice. Unit #1
                    I hunted unit 1 last year. I concentrated on the back where the canyon is. If you can get back there, there is a road that circles about half the canyon. There are ton of trails. I hunted mostly about 200 yards off the canyon right next to an oak platt next to fence line north of the canyon. I saw several does, a small 6 point, and a big hog. I just never had a good shot at anything other than the buck

Comment

My daughter was drawn for Unit 1. Spent a bit of time on the Unit Saturday. Unfortunately did not make it back to the Canyon in the back. Will likely explore that section Friday afternoon. We will be at the orientation noon this Friday.

This is my first post to TexasBowHunter. Thanks for all the info.
                      Last edited by texascbr; 11-08-2016, 03:28 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

So is everybody going to be at the same orientation, or how's that work? If so keep a look out for my son and his mom, he's blonde big 16 year old and she's blonde too. They'll be in an orange Jeep.

Comment

I got drawn for Unit#4, for the 18th...Should be good!

Comment

I believe orientation starts at noon but is a rolling orientation meaning they get folks up to speed as they arrive.

Anyone know how many hunters will be on Unit 1 during youth weekend? If on Unit 1 feel free to get in touch so we can coordinate areas.

Comment

Here's a map of unit 1.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I don't know about unit 1 but I was told that there were 6 people on unit 8. Anybody from here?

Comment

Working...
                                X