No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm going for hogs only what's the best set-up to get em coming in? I'm talking mostly area-wise here, do I want a little opening surrounded by woods or do I wanna set up in a shaded area with trees or just the side of a field? New to hog hunting and baiting, always done spot and stalk or just stalk before. And in the area to get hogs coming in should I use a corn tube tied to a tree or random slop covered in some of that liquid attractant stuff(hog wild or something?) or what? I'm having zero luck besides the occasional single boar on a trail.

Comment

Take a bag of corn. Soak it in a five gallon bucket for about two weeks covered. Let it sour. Go to a known good hog area pour it out. They will come.

Comment

First time I have gotten either of these on a camera.....

Comment

a little better pic

Comment

Dinner!

Comment

Nice Hog there! I will be putting my cameras out and filling up the feeders at my spots this weekend! Ready to see what kind of antler growth the bucks have going on so far this summer and hope i can get some pics of some piggies too!

Comment

Nice cam shots...

Comment

NICE HOG!!! Hope you end up nailing him soon!!

Comment

All my camera got was foxes(200+) coyotes(20ish) raccoons(100+) a few bucks including 1 that has already got a lot of growth and cows. Grey foxes loved hanging around my feed area, musta been the mice?? If I figure out how to post some pictures I will.

Comment

Nice hog too! And the bobcat, haven't seen those down here yet.

Comment

I had a lot of coon pics too. Hopefully MR piggy will stay around until I can get back out there. Would love to take the bobcat, but they are off limits as well as fox on Hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker0721 View Post
                          All my camera got was foxes(200+) coyotes(20ish) raccoons(100+) a few bucks including 1 that has already got a lot of growth and cows. Grey foxes loved hanging around my feed area, musta been the mice?? If I figure out how to post some pictures I will.
                          Photobucket

Comment

Headed out in the AM to scout the Pidcoke side and possibly set up a feeder and cam... Hopefully find some good hog track by Henson Creek.

Comment

Saw a lot of whitetail activity today and quite a bit of hog track! Set up my feeder and cam so sometime next weekend Ill check to see whats hitting it...

Comment

Originally posted by Slingin'_Carbon View Post
                                Saw a lot of whitetail activity today and quite a bit of hog track! Set up my feeder and cam so sometime next weekend Ill check to see whats hitting it...
                                good luck to ya

Comment

Working...
                                X