Tipping at the feed store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebowhunters View Post
    HELL NO, you pay extra at feed store for them to load your truck. Just my thoughts
    How do you figure? Most feed stores couldn't keep the lights on selling just feed. They make their money on all the other stuff like feeders and fencing but mainly on horse people, they spend stupid money, even more than hunters..

Comment

Those guys are making a killing at what? $15 an hour? I don't go to the feed store to line some hard worker's pocket book and pay for his weekend place in the Hamptons.

The guys at my feed store work their tails off. There was a time years ago they weren't allowed to accept tips, but they are allowed now, and I gladly oblige.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I think he's making fun of tightasses.....not the tipping part..
        Evidently dichotomy is dead!

Comment

I only tip % at restaurants, but I like to always hand out a single or two when someone does something for me. It may not be much, but it doesn't usually take much to make someone real happy these days with so much BS out there. Hard workers are hard to find and they should be rewarded when found. I give a buck to the kid that brushes my tailgate at the front of the drive-thru car wash each time, and I assure you, my tailgate gets a bit more elbow grease than most others.

Comment

When I had about 18-24 horses all the time, I always slipped them a tip and gave them a big Gatorade out of the cooler. Never had to wait in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
              Only if its a big box feed store where prices are lower than mom & pop rip offs.

I would take all the tax money from teachers and raise the pay of the feed dock fella, restaurant and grocery workers though.

Defund the education system!

Well, as the owner of a "...mom & pop..." feed store for the last 26 years, I've actually got no reply to the first line of this post that won't get me permanently banned from this site...

and I still don't know where the 2nd and 3rd lines have anything to do with the original question of the thread...

So I guess I'll just go out and thank my employees for taking the time to learn our customers names and remembering what they feed their animals... that personal service that you won't get at a big box supply store.

And to those of you that have said that you tip, thanks for taking the time to make somebody's day in even the smallest way.

Have a good weekend...

Comment

I bought several bags of corn at Academy a couple of times. The kid brought the bags out to my truck on a cart and loaded them into my truck. I gave him a $5 tip that he pocketed. The next time a different young man loaded the bags into my truck. I offered him a tip which he refused. He said he would be fired if he took it. Go figure.

Comment

I don't tip them, but I do help them load it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerMax View Post
                    Well, as the owner of a "...mom & pop..." feed store for the last 26 years, I've actually got no reply to the first line of this post that won't get me permanently banned from this site...

and I still don't know where the 2nd and 3rd lines have anything to do with the original question of the thread...

I read it as sarcasm...tongue in cheek...

Comment

I haven't in the past. But maybe should. Never crossed my mind and usually I'm helping too. Still good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        I read it as sarcasm...tongue in cheek...

I read it as maybe he needs a little more fiber in his diet...

...😎

Comment

Used to own a feed store. No telling how many thousand sacks of feed I’ve loaded. Never expected a tip and never got one. I have also never considered tipping at a feed store.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                            Used to own a feed store. No telling how many thousand sacks of feed I’ve loaded. Never expected a tip and never got one. I have also never considered tipping at a feed store.
                            You really never got 1 tip out of thousands of sacks? I loaded 10 the other day and got $20

Comment

I buy protein from a young woman who owns the store, she runs the forklift and loads and gets offended if you dont let her sling 20 bags, I get in her way but I insist on helping, she is very nice and never looks at me funny after Im loaded

Comment

I’ve received more Service with less attitude across the country at big box anything -vs- Mom & Pop anything.

You have a great weekend too.

Originally posted by AntlerMax View Post

So I guess I'll just go out and thank my employees for taking the time to learn our customers names and remembering what they feed their animals... that personal service that you won't get at a big box supply store.

And to those of you that have said that you tip, thanks for taking the time to make somebody's day in even the smallest way.

Have a good weekend...

Comment

Working...
                                X