No announcement yet.

State of the Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't read any other comments. My only opinion is it was just a calm version of most Trump speeches. Mediocre at best. But hes never been good at them, so I didn't expect much. He was dead on on some things, way off on others. Either way, we will see what he can actually do.

Obamacare needs repealed. If he gets that done, I consider his entire presidency a win.

Comment

State of the Union

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
      Thats why his proposed budget is cutting the state department by 30 percent..the EPA, FDA and education are about to get slashed.

Hopefully this infastructure plan will actually be used on infastructure..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

And he's adding 54 billion to military spending, our greatest expenditure, besides Social Security and Medicare.

A republican president has never reduced the budget or balanced it since I have been alive
      Last edited by XBowHunter; 03-01-2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
        You are in for quite a surprise my friend. I don't think you really understand how Republicans really spend
        I fully comprehend how Republicans spend. My hope is Trump brings some order to taxing and spending. Time will tell. It starts with a budget. Of course, Obama not ever holding down a job in the real world knew nothing about a budget. Just spend, spend, spend on his social projects.

I think the thing that scares the Liberals, especially the progressive wing, the most is that Trump might actually accomplish the things he says he will. If he does, it is game, set, match for them.

Comment

Time will tell.

Experts say that Donald Trump is going to explode the budget.

With all the time off work he's talking about for parents and insuring pre-existing conditions, along with $1 trillion to rebuild the infrastructure, I doubt we see a reduction.
          I assume you mean deficit and not budget.
          The deficit is beyond comprehension now, thanks to many politicians who spent our money on things with no value for the last 70 years.
          Fact is, infrastructure absolutely HAS to be done and if that leads to increased debt it sure wont be Trumps fault. It will be the fault of all those before him.
          I dont believe it will lead to increased debt because if implemented his policies will bring in money to the gov. Like never seen before.

Comment

And he's adding 54 billion to military spending, our greatest expenditure, besides Social Security and Medicare.

A republican president has never reduced the budget or balanced it since I haven't been alive
            That is a valid point. But he isn't really a republican. I repeat, he isn't a politician. He's a business man. Hopefully that will be a productive difference.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              I fully comprehend how Republicans spend. My hope is Trump brings some order to taxing and spending. Time will tell. It starts with a budget. Of course, Obama not ever holding down a job in the real world knew nothing about.

I think the thing that scares the Liberals, especially the progressive wing, the most is that Trump might actually accomplish the things he says he will. If he does, it is game, set, match for them.

Donald Trump cannot control the lunatic Republicans in Congress.

Congress has not done their job in decades.

Let the Obama thing & the Hillary thing go. Donald Trump won the election you can stop talking about Obama and Hillary now, lol

Comment

Mods need to revisit the idea of individual post limits per thread.....

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  When the cutting starts just sit back and enjoy the dems bringing back the old play book of Republicans want your elderly parents to choose dog food over their meds, they want to
                  Starve your kids, they want minority children to be stuck in lousy schools with no hope of
                  Ever succeeding.
                  Yep. Us racist pigs starving the elderly and children They have no shame in saying junk like that.

Time will tell.

Experts say that Donald Trump is going to explode the budget.

With all the time off work he's talking about for parents and insuring pre-existing conditions, along with $1 trillion to rebuild the infrastructure, I doubt we see a reduction.
                  Who are these "experts"? You, sirshovel, and the other TBH liberal?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    I assume you mean deficit and not budget.

The deficit is beyond comprehension now, thanks to many politicians who spent our money on things with no value for the last 70 years.

Fact is, infrastructure absolutely HAS to be done and if that leads to increased debt it sure wont be Trumps fault. It will be the fault of all those before him.

I dont believe it will lead to increased debt because if implemented his policies will bring in money to the gov. Like never seen before.

So will Congress approve infrastructure money for this president because they haven't been willing to do so for the last eight years when it was requested/suggested.

Lol

Comment

Let the Obama thing & the Hillary thing go. Donald Trump won the election you can stop talking about Obama and Hillary now, lol
                      Nah, I figure the Libs like you shouted Bush at every turn right up to the end of Obama's reign, so just returning the favor.

If the people stay behind Trump, Congress will have to do his bidding or face consequences in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Yep. Us racist pigs starving the elderly and children They have no shame in saying junk like that.

Who are these "experts"? You, sirshovel, and the other TBH liberal?

Did you not see on the news where a repeal Obamacare will raise the deficit 10 trillion dollars over the next decade?

Trump said last night he is going to cover those with pre existing conditions. How is he going to do that without increased taxes I am more government spending.

Oh that's right, he's going to push that expense off on the states, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                          They just showed Pelosi. She looks like she is nearly deceased.
                          Liked that Trump called her like he (and most of us) her. Incompetent.

Comment

Solar energy scams and Chevy volts aren't infrastructure.

Comment

My take on Military spending.

It provides advanced Technological Engineering across many levels and disciplines. And the end result places America at the forefront of Technological Engineering which can be applied and bartered at the Commercial\Civil level as well as Government to Foreign Government level.

Aeronautical and Space advances, advanced propulsion systems (Maritime, Aeronautical & Space), Advanced trauma and medicines & robotics - etc etc etc.

Military spending has given the world FIBERGLASS, GRAPHITE, MAGNESIUM, TITANIUM, DUCT TAPE, ADVANCED EMT AND TRAUMA CARE, SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS, GIS.....ETC ETC ETC

They will develop advanced propulsion systems for Shipping and Trucking. Advances in remote management and robotics, advances in alternative fuels and energies ETC ETC ETC.

So many think Military spending is strictly tied to National Defense and Security. It's tied to so many things including a healthy Intelligence Community and many other things that have decayed to points, the world's State now is the end result - Terrorism is one example.

Comment

This statement alone proves your no " libertarian "
                                You think the republican congress is lunatic?
                                You did not notice that for the past 8 years the president and the democrats said Its Bush's fault more than they said god bless America

Comment

Working...
                                X