2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Rua to first, Choo to DH, Delino to left and Nap to the bench to work out his ****. Let's see where that gets us..
    When Beltre' gets back? Maybe in June sometime?

It'll be interesting to see how clubs / pitchers deal w/ Gallo going forward. They're getting scouting reports, and will likely pitch him a bit differently. He is taking some walks which is great. The bombs are awesome. But he's going to get some different looks. Hopefully he makes his adjustments. Assuming he does, he needs to stay in Arlington. (I'm glad i never lost faith in the guy. I knew he had it in him all along. ).

The club will have six guys (Beltre', Gallo, Rua, DDS, SS Choo, and Nap) to squeeze into three spots (3rd, LF, DH) on most nights. That's not going to be good. I suppose Mazara and RF might work in there some times. I don't know.

I know the club doesn't have to cross that bridge today. Performance and injuries will likely tell the tale. We'll see. Fun stuff.

Mainly, i'm ready for Tyson Ross to light up two or three rehab assignments and get to Arlington at the end of May.

Comment

Not worried about Beltre until he gets back. We need to win now. He had a set back this week so who knows when that is.

Gallo can move to first if he is still knocking the cover off the ball. Nap and Choo can platoon at DH.[emoji23][emoji23] Send down Rua, Profar or Alberto. Hell Alberto may already be down
      Last edited by Smart; 04-27-2017, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        The club will have six guys (Beltre', Gallo, Rua, DDS, SS Choo, and Nap) to squeeze into three spots (3rd, LF, DH) on most nights. That's not going to be good. I suppose Mazara and RF might work in there some times. I don't know.

4 spots... 1st base is part of that mix too

Comment

It's just flat out fun watching Gallo - Would really like to see him at first when Beltre comes back. That looks to be a long ways away though.

Delino is a prototype if we can get any type of consistency from him.

Comment

I think Rua will eventually be the odd man out. I don't think they can send down Profar because he's the only backup infielder that can play SS or 2nd. Unless i'm missing someone. I bet JD and Banister sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              It's just flat out fun watching Gallo - Would really like to see him at first when Beltre comes back. That looks to be a long ways away though.

Delino is a prototype if we can get any type of consistency from him.

Watching Delino last night, he seemed to track balls better in the outfield too. I know MBV77 was a hater of DeLino because he sad he couldn't do that in the outfield. He looks like he worked on his whole game this offseason.

On a side note Gallo is an ugly mofo. His mouth and expression antics remind me of Will Clark[emoji23]. Boy needs to learn to chew gum with his mouth closed too[emoji23]
              Last edited by Smart; 04-27-2017, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                I think Rua will eventually be the odd man out. I don't think they can send down Profar because he's the only backup infielder that can play SS or 2nd. Unless i'm missing someone. I bet JD and Banister sort it out.

Is Alberto down? He was up at the first of the year....

Comment

On a side note Gallo is an ugly mofo. His mouth and expression antics remind me of Will Clark[emoji23]. Boy needs to learn to chew gum with his mouth closed too[emoji23]
                  This is a flat out perfect description ... That big sumbitc*

Comment

Is Alberto down? He was up at the first of the year....
                    Injured. I think he's out for awhile. Having "Radio" around would help some of this.

Comment

Ok nap to the bench. Rua to 1st and Delino to left. Book it!
                      Nap looks lost at the plate they need to sit him and play one of the hot hands for sure!

Comment

Watching Delino last night, he seemed to track balls better in the outfield too. I know MBV77 was a hater of DeLino because he sad he couldn't do that in the outfield. He looks like he worked on his whole game this offseason.

I didn't hate him, but he did suck in the outfield. I felt vindicated in my assessment last year after I heard Norm one morning say...."DeShields isn't a very good outfielder.". I hope is is getting better.

I'm kinda getting the same gay feelings for Gallo that I have for Beltre and Romo. I wish someone would groove him a 99 mph four seamer and he would square it up perfectly. I think he could hit it 600 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                          I didn't hate him, but he did suck in the outfield. I felt vindicated in my assessment last year after I heard Norm one morning say...."DeShields isn't a very good outfielder.". I hope is is getting better.

I'm kinda getting the same gay feelings for Gallo that I have for Beltre and Romo. I wish someone would groove him a 99 mph four seamer and he would square it up perfectly. I think he could hit it 600 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norm is a crusty ol fart..

Comment

1st freaking pitch of game from Martinez deposited in bullpen! [emoji35]
                            Last edited by RascalArms; 04-28-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Tied up 1-1

Comment

Nap needs to shave that beard. It's jinxing his bat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X