Boys first knife.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys first knife.

Wanting to get my son his first knife. Any suggestions?

Deadwoodknives.com

Son turning 14 on the 23rd. While hes had a couple knives here and there wife ordered him a case trapper sheath from Okiebowhunter. I ordered him a bone handle trapper to fill it. This one I hope he hangs onto forever

Comment

Case
      Just something about a dad giving a son a Case knife as a first knife.

Comment

My son is 9 and he is getting his first good pocket knife this year. He kept up with his last cheap one almost a year so my dad got him a case mini trapper this year for Christmas

Comment

Please make sure to stress the importance of "not taking it to school" . . save a lot of headaches . .

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            My son is 9 and he is getting his first good pocket knife this year. He kept up with his last cheap one almost a year so my dad got him a case mini trapper this year for Christmas
            That's a good idea, give him a cheapo and tell him if he still has it in a year he gets a nice one!

Comment

Case mini Copperlock

Comment

At 7 I got my first knife, a case trapper that I lost many moons ago. But on Christmas eve 1983 I spent the night in the ER wwith my mom waiting to get sewed up on 2 fingers. Not only did my grandpa get me a new knife but he got me one of those plastic bows with suction cup arrows. Well the suction cups weren't what a real indian would use so I broke the sution cups off and went to sharpening the shaft. Knife closed and I have scars on 2 fingers that I can laugh at now, but thought I was a goner at the time.
                Don't know your sons age, but being the first knife the chances of it getting lost are high. So I'd keep it reasonable and definitely a locking blade. Got my boys a Dozier Kabar last year. They're around $20 and hold a pretty good edge.

Comment

I bought my son a Shrade Sharpfinger for his first belt knife - the one with the bright orange handle. It's a good little knife, easy to sharpen, and fairly inexpensive in case it gets broken or lost. That Christmas, I won a anniversary edition Buck 110 folder that I gave him as a Christmas gift, and I consider him well equipped in the hunting knife category now.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Buck....

Comment

Old Timer or a nice Special Edition Buck Set

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                        Case
                        Just something about a dad giving a son a Case knife as a first knife.
                        Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore View Post
                          At 7 I got my first knife, a case trapper that I lost many moons ago. But on Christmas eve 1983 I spent the night in the ER wwith my mom waiting to get sewed up on 2 fingers. Not only did my grandpa get me a new knife but he got me one of those plastic bows with suction cup arrows. Well the suction cups weren't what a real indian would use so I broke the sution cups off and went to sharpening the shaft. Knife closed and I have scars on 2 fingers that I can laugh at now, but thought I was a goner at the time.
                          Don't know your sons age, but being the first knife the chances of it getting lost are high. So I'd keep it reasonable and definitely a locking blade. Got my boys a Dozier Kabar last year. They're around $20 and hold a pretty good edge.
                          my step-dads first xmas present to me and my brother, 11 and 8, were a couple of swiss army knives. 2 days after xmas my bother closed the blade on his fingers, cutting almost all the way through the pointer and about halfway through his middle finger, I was with him, they were dangling. they were able to be sewed back and were good as new.

my grandma's first question when my mom told her what happened, "what ******* idiot gave them a knife?"

yalls boys must be way more mature than mine, I would never think about giving my oldest a knife, he'll be 9 next month.

Comment

Cant beat a Buck for a first knife

Comment

Just for a different twist...

For my twelfth birthday, my dad actually to me to the store and let me pick one out for myself. We walked down the aisle and he said to pick anyone that caught my eye (within a certain budget range of course). I still have it today. Although, that's mainly because I picked out one that wasn't very good so it never really got used. But, it was something I won't forget.

Comment

Working...
                              X