U.S. Open 2014 favorites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S. Open 2014 favorites

Didn't see a thread started for tomorrow's U.S. Open, so I'll throw out my favorites.

Phil
    Bubba
    Speith
    Jimmy Walker

These are just my favorites, not because I think they are playing particularly well or anything logical, just because I like em.

Anyone else have a favorite?

I would love to see Kuchar win this one

Comment

Phil, Adam Scott and Kuchar are at the top for me. Would love to see Spieth win this but he hasnt closed well this year ie. the Masters. I think he may still be learning that Sunday back nine step on their neck killer instinct...but heck the kids only 20.

Comment

Johnson
        Bubba
        Rose
        Spieth

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
          Me too! His driver has been good.
          Nerves at the end needs some work.

Comment

Bubba gets far to off course with his driver to win a US Open in my opinion. There is a BIG difference in playing from the manicured rough and pinestraw at Augusta National to playing US Open rough. He may suprise me at some point, but I just don't see him fitting the US Open mold very well. With that being said I like the guy and would love to see him win an Open.

Comment

We did a little pick sheet with some buddies, Kuchar was one of the first golfers taken. he's been pretty hot lately.

Comment

I think Jason Day's game will fit this course well. I would love to see Spieth win it.

Comment

I'd love to see Phil win one! However, Speith wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

Comment

I just hope Phil doesn't take runner up again, not sure how many times a guy can handle being that close and coming up just short.

Comment

Bubba gets far to off course with his driver to win a US Open in my opinion. There is a BIG difference in playing from the manicured rough and pinestraw at Augusta National to playing US Open rough. He may suprise me at some point, but I just don't see him fitting the US Open mold very well. With that being said I like the guy and would love to see him win an Open.

This is a different US Open than people are used to. They got rid of most of the rough in favor of waste areas. Water conservation and whatnot.

I'll take Rory. He is playing well. Phil has been too inconsistent this year.

Comment

Comment

I'm good with any of the Americans winning but pulling for Bubba.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            I think Jason Day's game will fit this course well. I would love to see Spieth win it.
                            Forgot about Day. This course set up is very similar to a lot of the golf the Aussies grew up playing. If his thumb is truly 100% he will be on the front page of the leaderboard Sunday I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by kenfa03 View Post
                              I'm good with any of the Americans winning but pulling for Bubba.
                              Thank you someone else that feels like myself!!! I have my favorites, but when it comes down to the end, I'm pulling for any American.

Comment

Working...
                              X