Poisoning yotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poisoning yotes

I was wondering if anyone had nag experience with poisoning yotes? What are the draw backs/benefits? Is it cost effective?

I don't think the game warden would find that amusing.

Comment

state use to have trapers that traped and poisoned them

Comment

I know you have to hire a licensed person to do it

Comment

The neighbor rancher put out cyanide traps on our ranch once. We didn't even have coyotes. They sure did kill Granddads dogs when he let them out for a ranch run

Comment

Don't do it, imo. Invite out some predator hunters from here, or run traps.

Comment

You can legally poison coyotes if you have a pesticide applicators license with a M44 endorsement - cyninide caps. The training, liabilities, and extra precautions you have to take for it, for most people, isn't worth the effort.

don't even think of putting out antifreeze hamburger - any animal that eats it gets eaten by a vulture and you will end up in federal prison. They don't take illegal poisoning lightly.

Comment

Cyanide is great on coyotes. A fed trapper will have to come out though and you have to have livestock on the property. Like has been stated keep the dogs penned up. Most coyotes are dead within 25-50 feet of the trap.

Comment

Be careful on that, a secondary kill could occur. You may be better with targeting with snares or traps. Snares can also catch deer if the crossing is too large...deer will go under tiny openings.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
                    Be careful on that, a secondary kill could occur. You may be better with targeting with snares or traps. Snares can also catch deer if the crossing is too large...deer will go under tiny openings.
                    Snaring deer is my only concern about snaring. We currently have 6 foot traps and have caught 1 yote in two nights of trapping

Comment

We had a state trapper poison them on a lease I used to be on. It wipes them out quick and I found many yotes dead close to the poison. Never saw any bad side effects from it but that doesn't mean there wasn't any just I never saw any or heard about any.

Comment

How do they get them to come to it and eat it? I'm guessing fox and coons eat it too?

Comment

We have the govt trapper come out and put snares and cyanide...but we are in the heart of sheep country and its subsidized. It may not be paid for in your area.

The cyanide is usually a beef/meat flavor and only attracts carnivores.

Comment

Call you local Ag ext. office and request a USDA trapper..

Comment

Working...
                            X