• Show
Clear All

Using a conibear 110 on my fence

Comment

Oh Snap!

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
        Using a conibear 110 on my fence

I got one of those wire cages with the doors that drop down. I like yours better. Less forgiving lol

Comment

Throw some Tomcat or Hawk green blocks in the attic. Got mine at TS. Problem solved..

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
            Throw some Tomcat or Hawk green blocks in the attic. Got mine at TS. Problem solved..
            If you do that they'll eat it and die up in the attic or walls and stink up the place. This is the voice of experience speaking. I used pecans last time and did pretty good. Live trap 'em and take them down the road.

Comment

I was told to drill holes in empty pill bottles, soak cotton balls in fox urine, put em in the pill bottles and toss em in the attic to keep them away. Going to do that also

Comment

I've caught 23 in a live trap since the end of Aug. It was really heavy back in Nov. No bait in trap needed. It just smells like squirrel so much, they gotta investigate, both bucks and does.

I've also got it sitting under a tree 3' off the ground on a pair of 2x12. They feel safer off the ground where they can see their surroundings. My neighbors are very happy cause they harvest their pecans. And bring me some banana-nut bread on occasions, for gratitude. They usually bring me about a gallon of shelled pecans later in the year/new year.

Comment

Send me a pm if youbwant. INHAVE helped a few tbh members trap the little devils I can get a few traps from work also.of needed for you.

Comment

I recommend the 110 conibears, but use more then one, you want to catch as many as possible as soon as possible, that way you can get most of them before too many get educated.

Comment

After two chewed into my attic i started war on them. Tried trapping at first but with no luck i switched to 22cal pellet gun. Taught my lab to watch for them from the living room as well as help run them around the tree. I stay on one side, he circles to the other sending the rat to my side. Never hunted them before this, those things can be tough critters to find way up in trees, they get absolutely flat against the limbs.

31 in 2017
                      1 so far in 2018

I had a much better pecan crop this year.

Comment

I used the large rat traps with peanut butter and corn pushed into it so they really have to get in there to get the corn out.

Comment

I've trapped nuisance squirrels with a small wire trap from Tractor Supply.

A glob of peanut butter on the trigger, then mash some pecans into the peanut butter.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Starman View Post
                            I've trapped nuisance squirrels with a small wire trap from Tractor Supply.

A glob of peanut butter on the trigger, then mash some pecans into the peanut butter.
                            Looks almost identical to my trap except mine has 2 doors

Comment

Buy the BIG Rat traps and bait them with peanut butter and pecan pieces. YouTube squirrel vs rat trap

Comment

Im pulling the trap back out. Should be a fun weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X