No announcement yet.

Fort Worth Folks: Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lived in park glen for 10 years. Great area but it will be tough finding a yard like you want. Justin or Haslet my be a good option depending on if you willing to drive a ways. Roads there are bad right now.

Comment

You might check out Aledo. It would be about a 30 minute drive. A lot of the area would give more of a country feel. Good schools too.

Comment

I live in FW. Look around the Hulen/Bellair area by TCU. You can find a house or one to rent in 76109 zip and put your kids in Tanglewood. Best school in FW in my oppinion. Thats where my kids go. Good luck

Comment

If you want to look at red tail lights the rest of your life, Keller is great!

If you want the country living, I'd vote for something close to Decatur or Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
            Ugh, I was there for 3 months back in January 2015 and construction was a disaster then too, I was hoping it had improved!
            NOPE not at all. I work at 820 and 35W. but I commute from Midlothian about 50 mins in the morning 1.5 in the evening.

Comment

There's plenty in the Keller Heritage Trace area. Close to Cabelas and the race track. Traffic does suck, but you can avoid 35 once you know the back roads. Taxes are going to tear you a new one in Keller.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus View Post
                NOPE not at all. I work at 820 and 35W. but I commute from Midlothian about 50 mins in the morning 1.5 in the evening.
                Construction will never be done there ... It's horrible

I would recommend Haslet as a really good option that is just within driving range and opportunity for a good sized lot of land.

Comment

Aledo, weatherford, brock. West side of fort worth off of I-20. 15-30 minute commute. we moved to weatherford 1 1/2 years ago. out of the city but has everything you need.

Comment

Originally posted by PoohDaddy View Post
                    Aledo, weatherford, brock. West side of fort worth off of I-20. 15-30 minute commute. we moved to weatherford 1 1/2 years ago. out of the city but has everything you need.
                    Add Azle to the above list, smaller town 20-25 minutes from down town Fort Worth

Comment

On a side note, the FT Worth stock show will be going on next month and the Steer show is the week of Feb 2nd. Best steer show in the world if you like that kinda thing.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        Keller. You could likely avoid I35 also that way.
                        This. My folks live there and it's great. Really good school system too

Comment

I line in North Watauga, basically right south of Keller. We enjoy significant lower property taxes, but all our schools are Keller ISD. Very close to where you will be working and not far from Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club. :-)

[sorry, had to plug the club]

Comment

Might want to check in Roanoke, very nice town and good school district.

Comment

Look at Roanoke and if you more into the country setting Justin or Argyle. Great schools in Argyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanite View Post
                                I live in FW. Look around the Hulen/Bellair area by TCU. You can find a house or one to rent in 76109 zip and put your kids in Tanglewood. Best school in FW in my oppinion. Thats where my kids go. Good luck
                                x2. tanglewood is rated #1 in fort worth

Comment

Working...
                                X