Mosquitos in East TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosquitos in East TX

I just went out to our lease near the trinity for the first time since July and the mosquitos were the worst I've ever seen out there! It's low land so the mosquitos are bad from time to time but I guess after Harvy it will be bad for awhile. I soaked myself in mosquitos spray and had a thermacell but that didn't even help. I'm thinking of just hunting out in the hill country until if cools off some. How is yalls east tx leases?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mosquitoes are bad and ticks have been terrible this year.

Comment

I got in the stand last Friday and on the ground I could hear them buzzing and saw them in swarms. As soon as I turned on my thermacell and got in the tree they vanished. Back on the ground they were bad again.

Hoping the cool front next week calms them down.

Comment

Two coats of deep woods off and they put on their napkins, grabbed their utensils and had a feast at my expense. Polk county.

Comment

Wow I had just the opposite experience... Our property was badly flooded (some areas over 10 feet of water), and I went out last Saturday morning and stayed until around 2 in the afternoon... never even heard a mosquito!! same thing happened year before last when the property flooded badly... all that rushing water just seemed to wash all the mosquitoes away too... Last time it took 'em about 3 weeks or so to get going again and when they did, they came back with a vengeance... figure that is what will happen this time too... Was sure nice though Saturday getting things checked out without having to fight skeeters... Hope I'm as lucky this weekend...

Comment

my lease in polk county is bad also, I have never seen them this bad. could not even slow down on the fourwheeler or they would swarm you.

Comment

They were terrible this weekend in Tyler County! They are in swarms

Comment

Something I've found to work better than anything else is a camo mosquito net pullover with a hood. Works great and if it's hot you can wear a short sleeve under it and feel the breeze through it. Works like a charm

Comment

Those big ol' gubment planes were flyin' over my area last night puttin' the smack down on skeeters at the house... They're as bad there as I've ever seen 'em... Hope to get a break from them again this weekend as I try to get a couple set ups huntable down on the south end of the county...

Comment

I'm supposed to be going to Big Lake Bottom WMA for opening day of archery season. Went ahead and treated all my clothing with permethrin and bought a mosquito face net - pretty much the only way to guarantee they'll stay off you.

Comment

The only two things that I have found that have increased in numbers since last year are mosquitoes and pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                        Mosquitoes are bad and ticks have been terrible this year.
                        same here in NE texas

Comment

You're not alone. This^^^^ is in Polk County also

Comment

I think a Thermacell is on my short list. I'm not too hot on the idea of bathing in DEET every time I go out.

Comment

Good year to bug suit and thermacell. Hunted Aransas years ago. Have both. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X