Master built smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master built smoker

Anyone have bad experience with these? I am on my second one in a year. After the first went electrical crazy the sent me another and now this one seemed to be doing same thing? When they work they are awesome.

I love mine. Works great.

Comment

I've had 2 over the years, never had a problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Knock on wood....
        Mine has been working great for over three years now.

Comment

I love mine...it has worked great so far. The remote went out and they sent me a brand new one free.

Comment

Got mine one year ago. Love it. Its the 40 with bluetooth.

Comment

Great unit! Only thing is it is very hard to get crust on your smoked meats.

Comment

Mine (Model 20070910) worked great for about 6 months and then I noticed for some reason when the chamber got up to temp it would quit smoking. Fussed with it a while and never could get it working right. After Googling I found that some models have controller problems that experience this very issue (turns off smoker heating element when it gets to temp and never turns it back on) and it would require replacement. I instead bought the offset cold smoking attachment and I run that at the same time as the regular chamber to hot smoke or turn the main chamber off to cold smoke.
                Last edited by JonBoy; 10-13-2017, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I have had the controller fail twice on mine. I will build a pid controller to fix this at some point. My fault, don't leave the smoker out in the rain without a cover.

You need an Amazing Pellet Smoker to make smoke with the electric smokers. The tray that comes with it doesn't make enough smoke to get the smoke ring right.

Comment

Did the controller area get wet?

Comment

No problems. I keep mine under my porch with the cover over it

Comment

It's in shop when not used. Then under big porch. Never has been wet. Called them today. They said heating element. Sending me one. We will see.

Comment

It's in shop when not used. Then under big porch. Never has been wet. Called them today. They said heating element. Sending me one. We will see.

Comment

I have the 40" with glass window, digital controls and remote. Never a problem with it and we used it a lot.

The temperature probe stopped working and I haven't messed with it but that's the only problem I have had.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                              Had one for a few years and the heating element went out. Turns out it was my fault for overfilling the wood tray. Installed a new element, followed the wood loading directions, and no more problems- until Harvey.

Comment

Working...
                              X