I Did It. Hip Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Did It. Hip Replacement

This past Monday I had full hip replacement surgery. My hip was so bad I couldn't walk on it without crutches. I was taking morphine to try an dull the pain so I could sleep and still it wouldn't work. After doing all heart test including heart catheration to prove my heart was up to surgery. I had it done and after a 2 day stay in hospital .I was sent home by using a walker I can get around. Best thing is sitting on my front porch in morning drinking coffee and watching animals wake up. I know I still have a long way to go before I can again walk normal with out any pain but as now I take Tylenol 3 for any pain. My son ltl Andy has been at house spraying and checking fence lines for me .I never thought I see the day I would lay in bed and let my son do my work for me . I start physical therapy today . I have to thank my personal nurse my wife for stepping up and helping my recovery go as smooth as possible... Andy

Best of luck on the recovery!

Comment

Keep a good eye on the wounds. My mother got a bad infection and it took a year and 2 more surgeries to recover.

Comment

Excellent!!! My mom did it 4 or 5 years ago and is now 79. She did so well they use her to talk to folks considering the procedure........she gets a kick outta that!

Comment

Great news and if you do the therapy, you will be good as new.

Comment

My dad had both of his replaced a few years ago. He is back to riding horses and walking around pain free.

Best of luck with your recovery!

Comment

Glad to hear it Andy!

Comment

Prayers Up for a quick recovery.

Comment

I'm with you, brother! Had my right side replaced (2nd replacement, left side done in 2013) on 6/10, today marks 6 weeks post-surgery. I'm in outpatient therapy and working on strengthening my glutes so I can walk without a limp. Never used much pain medication, stopped them entirely two weeks ago. It's a great feeling to know I'll soon be 100%, and will probably return to work in a week or two.

Stay on that therapy, you'll be amazed with how fast you recover. I'm transitioning from the cane to walking unaided right now. And, yes, it is good to have someone to help while you are focusing on your recovery. Be as aggressive as you can with therapy, you'll be more than ready for hunting season. I'm already ready to knock a few doves down!

Take care and good luck! Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                    This past Monday I had full hip replacement surgery. My hip was so bad I couldn't walk on it without crutches. I was taking morphine to try an dull the pain so I could sleep and still it wouldn't work. After doing all heart test including heart catheration to prove my heart was up to surgery. I had it done and after a 2 day stay in hospital .I was sent home by using a walker I can get around. Best thing is sitting on my front porch in morning drinking coffee and watching animals wake up. I know I still have a long way to go before I can again walk normal with out any pain but as now I take Tylenol 3 for any pain. My son ltl Andy has been at house spraying and checking fence lines for me .I never thought I see the day I would lay in bed and let my son do my work for me . I start physical therapy today . I have to thank my personal nurse my wife for stepping up and helping my recovery go as smooth as
                    possible... Andy
                    Awesome, it will get better. My Dad was in the same boat as you. He is 56, and needed both hips done. He got one done about 6 weeks ago and is getting the other done in the middle of August. He is also still learning to walk normally again after limping around for several years. Just in the last week or two he is off his walking cane getting back on his tractor. Just keep moving, that is the key to getting normal again. Good luck

Comment

Good times ahead!

Comment

Congrats and I wish the best moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

my wife is in her 2nd week after hers and she is doin great, except for having to sleep on her back for 2 more weeks.

Comment

I'm getting my left side replaced in October and then 3-4 weeks later they are doing my right side. I sure hope it takes all the pain away that I've had for years.

Comment

Congrats on the new hip. My mom had one of hers replaced about a month ago. Recovering well and no longer in pain and getting around well. The rehab is most important to build up those muscles that were cut during surgery. Immediately pain free and got a lot of mobility back once the staples were removed. Quality of life changer for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X