This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBJ-----the final weekend

Heading out this afternoon for the last weekend at LBJ and will be camping on the north side of the main road between the lake and Tadra Point.
    I'll be gun hunting and have a friend with me also but don't let that stop you from visiting if my Silver Toyota 4 x 4 is parked in front of the tent!

Another friend will be coming up Saturday afternoon for squirrel hunting so basically we'll be in several places all over LBJ so if anyone wants to visit, stop and have a Dr. Pepper or coffee.

I'm not sure yet how hard I'll be hunting----I might just be hanging out and shooting video.

Everyone welcome.

If I make it up that way I'll be sure and look you up Pat.

Comment

Hey pat it would be cool to finally meet you I will be up there sunday for sure but maybe saturday evening. I will be in a puter color suburban with my hunting buddy. We are gonna be bow hunting.

Comment

I'll be out there Saturday all day and maybe Sunday morning.

Comment

I'll make a Saturday hunt just to see you Pat, well maybe not just to see you but I will come by and visit. haha. I'll be there with Wayne my brother for a final day of hunting.

Good luck everyone.!!!!

Comment

Pat, this weekend should be a good-n. They were moving last weekend in the evening where I was. Best to yall!

Hi Mike . No one scored last Sunday morning. I saw nada in the AM. Prob should have stayed for the evening hunt but just didn't feel like it. The boys stayed for Sunday evening hunt but I don't have word on what thier results are.

Hi Bob. It was good meet-n you and your Bro .

Comment

I am doing a all day hunt sunday probably have lunch in the tree and stay up there so I can give my self the best chance. Good luck to the rest of you after sunday it is hog hunting time.

Comment

Nice to meet you Pat, how did you guys do? We got skunked unless you count almost running over one with the truck!! Saw some good sized tracks back behind the pine grove. We went up to 60 this a.m. didn't see anything but more tracks....Rick and Derek

Comment

Persistence Pays Off

Heard of a large buck taken Sunday morning off the LBJ. Can't say exact location for obvious reasons. Kudos to any hunter hanging in there on public land and scoring on a nice buck on the last day of the season. Said to score 130's to 140 and mature.

I'll post pics if and when available.

Comment

There was some shooting going on south of where we were....

Comment

My hunting parnter got a nice mature doe on unit 48 next to black creek sunday evening packed it out sunday night, it was hot he passed on a big spike buck but other than that we saw those 4 does and a spike, we have seen them all year, around black creek. We start the morning hunting over off of cottonwood lake I cant remeber the unit number. And rick I think I know what tracks you are talking about by those ponds in the pine tree unit, last weekend all we saw there was 2 does not very mature thou, and I put my game camera out there by a rub on a trail that big boy is hanging out in, and I didnt get no pictures of him out of 765 pictures. Well I hope I bag a deer next year, I sure am going to do my homework and scouting this spring and summer, I am in the process of purchaseing another game camera and I got me a new pair of hikeing boots so hopefully I can get them broke in before next year, well I am off to go scout Ray Roberts for hogs got the boat all packed up and I hope I can get a hog. Hey froggy 1 question how long can I keep game cameras in the woods? Also my game camera just bungess to a tree and of course a chain goes around a tree but I do no damage to the tree is this ok, or do I need a freestand tripod for the camera and just like chain it around tree for security. Thanks

Comment

It was good seeing everyone!
                        We saw deer Saturday evening hunt but nothing on Sunday morning and packed out right after.
                        I would like WCB to send me a personal email if at all possible to double check on something ----concerning a RED FORD PICKUP. I don't think it was his but wish to double check after all, it has been over a year or so since I met him and have seen his truck!

Anyway........I am also planning on a squirrel hunt with another friend of mine in probably about 2-4 weeks up there.
                        Nothing fancy------just some post season scouting, shed hunting, and squirrel dumplings!

Comment

Answer

Qiuckstrike,

You can leave your cameras out there until somebody steals them. Send me the GPS coordinates and I'll watch them for you.

No problem hanging them on a tree. I seriously recommend not leaving anything out there you're not prepared to lose.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing I dont want to lose it, and I will most certainly give you coordinates, if it would help you cold look at the pictures as well for forestry needs, if you could send me an email and I will give you exact coordinates to the spot, it is a good little walk to get to the spot but I am sure you probably know where it is. Email addy is in signature and thanks a bunch froggy.

Comment

Quickstrike,

I was just kidding about the GPS coordinates. I really don't want or need to know where your cameras are. Good luck at Ray Roberts on your hog hunts.

Comment

Working...
                              X