Choke Canyon Archery Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choke Canyon Archery Hunt

Just got the email! I was drawn for the Choke Canyon Archery Hunt. For Jan 1-4. Has anyone been? What was it like? Any bucks taken? I can shoot two bucks.

I hunted James Daughtery on a youth hunt a few years ago. And it was a great hunt, but this will only be my second year bow hunting so any tips are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunted down there a long time ago on a draw rifle hunt. About the only thing I can say is there is no tall cover, a tripod is pretty much out of the question. A brushed in pop-up ground blind is probably your best bet. They probably don't allow baiting (corn on the ground) so unless you could find a very well traveled trail that you could set up on, it might be tough. There are deer there and some good deer at that. Good luck, hope you get a buck.

Comment

Our group was drawn as well. I figured pop-up's are the way to go down there. Baiting is allowed now.

Comment

I drew as well. First time drawing a public land hunt in TX. Never been down to that park before. Looking forward to seeing what they have down there.

Comment

Our group was drawn then our win got withdrawn.

Comment

I've got some bad news for you futureagg...

Comment

My group was drawn as well. We had an added bonus of being drawn for the Chapparal too.

Comment

Mine just got withdrawn as well. What does that mean? Was there an error?

Comment

Update. My Choke Canyon NS was withdrawn as well. I still have the Chapparal.

Comment

Mine got withdrawn.... WTH... anyone know what’s up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Happened to a whole lot of people. Apparently there was a system glitch or something.

Comment

Mine still says "Won" Paid. Does anyone that Paid have anything other then "Won" for their status?

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          Mine still says "Won" Paid. Does anyone that Paid have anything other then "Won" for their status?
                          Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            Same here.
                            Just got off the phone with them. Everyone that has paid will be given their money back, and that they will redraw for the hunt tomorrow or Saturday. If you have preference points for Archery Deer and you applied for multiple hunts your preference points are by year. You had the same chance of being drawn for other hunts.

From the other thread

Don't know anything else. I haven't personally called them.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                              Just got off the phone with them. Everyone that has paid will be given their money back, and that they will redraw for the hunt tomorrow or Saturday. If you have preference points for Archery Deer and you applied for multiple hunts your preference points are by year. You had the same chance of being drawn for other hunts.

From the other thread

Don't know anything else. I haven't personally called them.
                              Yea I read that. Hopefully they say f it and just let us hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X