1997 Coleman pop up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 Coleman pop up

The wife and I bought a 1997 Coleman Fleetwood Sunridge and are planning on doing a few repairs and upgrades to it.

First a little about the trailer we've been looking for a few months now, we found this one locally. I bought it from man who had recently bought it from the original owner with the purpose of flipping it. It has been garage kept and is a 8 out of 10! We got a steal on it!!!

I towed to my inlaws house which is a mile down the road and I'm going to keep it there until I get it tagged, new tires( it still has original tires with 80%rubber on them) and pack the bearings.

It has some minor cracks in the ABS roof, which is common for this year model. That will be the first thing fixed once I get it home. There is lots of info on the web on how to do this. Second the plastic cover around the front storage area is very brittle, I'm either going to replace this or completely tear the entire box out and replace it with a diamond plate tool box, not 100% sure yet. After that the wife wants to modernize the inside a little by reupholstering the cushions and adding new curtains. And I'm sure we will come up with more stuff to do to it along the way.

It should be operational by early spring and the kids are wanting to do some backyard camping in it the first warm weekend we have before then.

I'm going to try and update as much as I can along the way.

Congratulations!!
    I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a pop up!!

Comment

Sweeeet!

Comment

nice one. In for the restore.

Comment

S&B, nice H setup for this spring. I used Paradise Cove twice, Big Mineral once.

Comment

I had a 1999 Sea Pine by Coleman. They are really nice. I used mine for 10 years before I sold it. Wish I had it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
              S&B, nice H setup for this spring. I used Paradise Cove twice, Big Mineral once.
              The thought has crossed my mind but I may be in the middle of the roof repair at that time. How far from PC to headquarters?

Comment

15 minute, just a couple miles north of Goode.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  15 minute, just a couple miles north of Goode.

Ok thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dc1211 View Post
                    Congratulations!!

I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a pop up!!

My wife is a very excited about it! Take her to look at them and she will get the bug!

Comment

I'm looking for one too. The kids and girlfriend like camping but not the tent so much so pop up it is.

Comment

back yard camping is a great idea...start as if you just parked....set it up...enjoy and learn, then take it down, everyone should have a hand in it all....

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                          back yard camping is a great idea...start as if you just parked....set it up...enjoy and learn, then take it down, everyone should have a hand in it all....

That's exactly what we are wanting to do! My wife was saying yesterday she wants each one of the three kids to have jobs to do every time we camp.

Comment

I started taking my oldest boy camping last year and have since bought a pop up. They are great! I look forward to seeing any further upgrades you do.

Comment

Congrats! The kids will love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X