Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manners and McMillian both make fine stocks

Comment

I run the MDT TAC 21 on my 300 win mag and love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Manners and McMillan are obviously great stocks if you can find one you like without ordering one. As a guy with a contract machine shop, I find their wait times to be absurd but maybe I'm just jealous. I had the guys at Horizon Firearms in College Station machine one of their Iota Kremlin stocks for a build I'm doing for a customer and I really like it. Wait time was around 4-5 weeks with inletting. Just wish they'd make it in an adjustable check. Price is pretty right as well.

Comment

I only have experience with Boyds and Bell and Carlson, but this place has been advertising a lot in Shooting times. Give 'em a look.
          Lowest internet pricing - Almost always In stock with instant shipping! Bell & Carlson, H-S Precision, Manner's & McMillan. Remington 700, Savage 110, Weatherby and Winchester 70 stocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
            I only have experience with Boyds and Bell and Carlson, but this place has been advertising a lot in Shooting times. Give 'em a look.
            https://www.stockysstocks.com/
            The girls at Stockys are some of the most friendly, knowledgeable people in the industry! Give them a call, and they will find a way to get you exactly what you're looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
              Manners and McMillan are obviously great stocks if you can find one you like without ordering one. As a guy with a contract machine shop, I find their wait times to be absurd but maybe I'm just jealous. I had the guys at Horizon Firearms in College Station machine one of their Iota Kremlin stocks for a build I'm doing for a customer and I really like it. Wait time was around 4-5 weeks with inletting. Just wish they'd make it in an adjustable check. Price is pretty right as well.
              Let's have a look

Comment

Here ya go. I haven't shot one yet but the inletting they did is quality and the Stiller Predator fits nicely (will obviously be glass bedded). The only thing that I like on the Manners/McMillan is the texturing that they do but other than that I like it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                  Bought a savage .270 at academy yesterday with the big deal going on, looking for a replacement stock. I put a Boyd’s on my last gun, and will probably do the same for this one unless someone persuaded me elsewhere. What are some other brands that I need to look at ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Boyd's, I do not care for rubber or plastic stocks

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    Grayboe doesn't make anything except 700 and 700 clone stocks at the moment IIRC.
                    Oops, forgot about that. B&C is my next choice. McMillian is nice but will be more than twice the cost of rifle

Comment

Also check out http://www.stockadegunstocks.com

Comment

Working...
                      X