Cabin is Finished in San Saba!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabin is Finished in San Saba!!

For the most part! Spent the 1st night in it Friday night. Broke it in right with the big storms rolling through. We were lucky in that we didn't get any hail or tornados. The cabin really beats the living in a travel trailer. Very happy in the way it turned out. Wife is happy so it is Great! LOL! It is 16 X 30 in size & was built by J J McAfee out of Fredericksburg. Still need the septic put in, and that is waiting for a break in the weather now. Hooked up water & moved in some bunk beads & the fridge this weekend. Taking a stove & queen size mattress up this next weekend. The countryside was getting dry dry, so this rain is more than welcome. Got 1.3 inches Friday night & about a tenth last night. See we are getting rain since earlier today now. The deer were hitting the feeders hard. The deer cleaned out 800 lbs of protein in a little over two weeks & the 800 before that in 2 weeks. Hopefully this slows them down a little. We did pick up 2 more 800 lb timed Krivoman protein feeders from Mitch on the way up. Will be filling them next week. Thanks to everyone for following along with our build. We thank the lord everyday for giving us the means & ability to have the place. Hope you enjoy the pics.

The Front

Side

Back

East Side

Living /Cooking Area

Bathroom

Bedroom

Pic of open above walls & a closet.

Last edited by DUKFVR; 05-21-2017, 07:13 PM.

Beautiful!

Comment

Congrats David!

Comment

Wow nice,

Comment

Loving it

Comment

That's awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! I need one like that in Colorado. Like you said, that's going to be way better than a travel trailer.

Comment

Very nice. We had JJ build one just a bit bigger for my grandmother to live in behind my house. We have been very happy with it. He builds a beautiful cabin for a reasonable cost.

Comment

Bad arse!

Comment

Looks awesome David!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice and looks like many good times in your future.

I hope to do something similar in the future. Did you put in any internet technology to control the heat/air? Maybe a crazy thought but Texas is subject to wild temperature swings and being able to switch on the air to even set at high 70's or heat to 50's is a concern I have when I couldn't physically get to the cabin.

Comment

How much to rent it for a weekend?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Short drive from the house if you need some help...

Comment

Very nice, looks great.

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X