Need help deciding on new bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help deciding on new bow

Hello to all, I am relatively new to the forum but I have been lurking around for a long time gathering great info from this site. I am replacing my Diamond Liberty and am looking for more speed and kinetic energy. I would love to stay around $600 for bare bow and find something that will shoot a 400 grain arrow 290-305 fps. I know I need to shoot them first but I have been out of the bow market for so long that I am clueless where to start. Thanks for any help and advice. I will need a 29" draw and 70 lb bow
    Last edited by Kmiles84; 11-01-2015, 05:11 PM. Reason: Rephrase

The only ones I have looked into recently are the PSE bow madness 32 and my local shop said wait for the PSE Drive R if that helps

Comment

If you are looking for speed, there are some Bowtech RPM 360s that pop up on the classifieds every now and then around that price for the bare bow. Might be worth a look

Comment

You need a bow that will shoot a solid 330 ibo to get what your looking for. Going to be some top bows for sale real soon.

Comment

You might also check into mission. I shoot a Mission Blaze and the ibo is 340. I shoot a 28 inch draw at 60lb so I'm not seeing the numbers you're wanting but I'm also shooting a heavier arrow setup. But I'm still shooting like 260fps I think. Price is about right and it would be new with warranty

Comment

im waiting on the 2016 line of hoyt to actually get out and about. the defiant/defiant turbo is really looking good so far. Also heard amazing things about the Xpedition xcentric (ill be checking this bow out too)...its out now and so you just need to find a dealer near you and go test her out. I see youre from Conroe, says they have a dealer in Spring. Cant seem to find that dealers website and so you may have to call them. If its not correct then I THINK I read somewhere that Xpedition will send you a bow to test out if a dealer isnt in your area. Check out their website.

Those bows will be around the $1000 range and so if you really have to stay around the $600 then check the used sections when the 2016 bows come out...im sure some nice 2015 bows will need to have a quick sell

Comment

not sure about posting links to non sponsered venders here....so I wont BUT if you google lancaster strothers sx1....they have one for $450. Im pretty sure its a new bow, just a few years old. I was looking for a new bow years ago and strothers really caught my eye but then I decided to do other things with my money (like tuition) and so I never got one. Do a quick search about it, maybe itll be up your alley.

Comment

I can't wait for the full 2016 lineups to come out. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Comment

Working...
                X