KME and STOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KME and STOS

Can anyone explain to me how you use your KME broadhead sharpener and these type of blades? I'm having a heck of a time getting them going, they are pretty darn dull starting out. Any suggestions? I have watched the KME videos on Youtube but feel like I'm just wasting my time. I have always used 3 blades and they are easy, but want to use the big bunch of STOS heads that I have.

They are just tough. I use a file and honestly, I can get them sharp but never as sharp as I want.

Comment

Call Ron at KME for the best answer to your question!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        Call Ron at KME for the best answer to your question!

Bisch
        ^^^^^ This.

Comment

Do you have any of the older STOS 160s before they went to Tanto tip (when they were still produced with more of a needle tip)? If so I'd be interested in buying some of the old stock from you, the old needle tip was strong enough as is.

The easiest way to sharpen them IMO is to use 9x11 sheet of sandpaper w/ the KME slanted jaws. I generally use sheets of 400,600,800,1000 wet/dry sandpaper all the way up to 2K+ which is slick and will leave the heads polished like a mirror. I use the same sandpaper to sharpen my 3 blade instinct heads. Just place the sandpaper over a piece of plate glass. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by FishnHunt View Post
            Do you have any of the older STOS 160s before they went to Tanto tip (when they were still produced with more of a needle tip)? If so I'd be interested in buying some of the old stock from you, the old needle tip was strong enough as is.

The easiest way to sharpen them IMO is to use 9x11 sheet of sandpaper w/ the KME slanted jaws. I generally use sheets of 400,600,800,1000 wet/dry sandpaper all the way up to 2K+ which is slick and will leave the heads polished like a mirror. I use the same sandpaper to sharpen my 3 blade instinct heads. Just place the sandpaper over a piece of plate glass. Good luck!

Thank you sir! Mine are the more needle point ones I believe

Comment

Working...
            X