No announcement yet.

Trump salutes North Korean General

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey at least he didn't bow to a Saudi king.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
      As a retired Army officer, I would be upset if President Trump did NOT return the general’s salute. If one of my junior officers was saluted and did not RETURN the salute, I would have been all up in his s&@$.

A salute is a sign of respect and to not return the salute is disrespectful.

Comment

I think the part people aren't noticing is that a NK general saluted our president , A week ago he would have been killed for doing that! ,Trump was returning the salute which he should do under the circumstances.

Comment

Wow I posted a Happy Birthday to Trump in the politics/current events forum cause I didn't think you were supposed have a knockdown drag out fight over here in the family section. For what it's worth a sitting President can choose to return the salute or not to salute whomever he wishes hence the title Commander in Chief. I'm sure disrespecting the sitting President of the United States in negotiations with a foreign country on an open forum follows military protocol - but I'm sure when Obommer refused to salute our own military or show them any respect HE was following the right protocol! You know that's why China rolled out the red carpet for him - just couldn't find a spare set of stairs to roll up to Air force One because money is so tight there! LOL!

Comment

First it was

"OMG! Trump is being mean to North Korea! He's going to start a war!"

Now it's

"OMG! Trump is being nice to North Korea! He likes dictators!"

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
              Because he was saluted first.. This is a military custom, whether enemy or foe you respect the higher ranking official
              This...

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                Must be FAKE NEWS! No it was true! As a vet, I was insulted he saluted an officer of worst government in the world. How many other governments kill there family members. Starve there own people. But Kim did a real snow job on trump! Time will tell all the trump supporters trump, supports the Russians also. I hope other Vets on here arn't blind!!!
                Blast away.
                Nope, I arn't blind......
                You, don't like the President......

Comment

Fake news

Comment

Originally posted by dcbrown View Post
                    On MSNBC, the video playing at this time shows the NK General saluting Trump first. I am thinking it couldn't hurt to return the salute in a friendly fashion just to keep everyone agreeable before they sit down, rather than have people butt hurt from the get go. Before it is asked, yes I was active duty, and am currently still involved with in couple different aspects of the military.
                    I like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Good Lord. A few short months ago the world was worried Kim Jong-whatever was gonna nuke us all, but then Trump strong-armed them into capitulation. Now we're in a tizzy over this? Come on.
                      You beat me to it!!!!
                      Google is your friend and so should the back button.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                        Because he was saluted first.. This is a military custom, whether enemy or foe you respect the higher ranking official
                        Thank you. Saved me having to type the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                          Must be FAKE NEWS! No it was true! As a vet, I was insulted he saluted an officer of worst government in the world. How many other governments kill there family members. Starve there own people. But Kim did a real snow job on trump! Time will tell all the trump supporters trump, supports the Russians also. I hope other Vets on here arn't blind!!!
                          Blast away.

There needs to be a crying laughter icon on this forum.

Comment

I don't be see this as a big deal at all.

Democrats are acting like our President dumped pallets of cash onto an airport runway or something. Oh wait

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I don't be see this as a big deal at all.

Democrats are acting like our President dumped pallets of cash onto an airport runway or something. Oh wait
                              Or to pay his respects attended a funeral of a brutal communist dictator who who's country still imprisons people based on the color of their skin.

Comment

Atleast he didn’t bow

Comment

Working...
                                X