No announcement yet.

WMP (Wildlife management plan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know of anyone in the Huntsville/Livingston area who can complete the forms for the landowner?

Comment

I will share my completed plans with anyone interested. Send me a PM with your email address. We've been in wildlife valuation for over 5 years now and have had to update our plan only once, this year, with the Kimble county tax appraisal office.

Tim

Comment

I found this thread while searching for information regarding Wildlife exemption. I purchased 22 acres that was previously under wildlife exemption this year. It was mentioned that you just need to transfer it into my name. Where do I need to go and where do I need to start.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Comment

Keep in mind that each county has their own regs pertaining to wildlife exemptions and acreage requirements. We just switched over our place in Colorado county to wildlife this year and it has been fairly easy for themost part. Good luck!

Comment

Where do I start for AG exemption?

Comment

I switched from timber exemption to wildlife exemption in Wood County fairly easily. I do have a wildlife plan and can share if anyone needs it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                I switched from timber exemption to wildlife exemption in Wood County fairly easily. I do have a wildlife plan and can share if anyone needs it.

PM sent BoneDigger

Comment

Replied...

Comment

Are the taxes less for a wildlife exemption? Or do y’all just have acreage and not want to run cows/goats for ag?

Comment

In

Comment

Just fill out one of these. https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/..._mgmt_plan.pdf

Pretty simple. Last year we did habitat control, supplemental feed, census count.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post
                          Are the taxes less for a wildlife exemption? Or do y’all just have acreage and not want to run cows/goats for ag?
                          Same tax break, I just don't want to mess with cows

Comment

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post
                            Small place we hunt on and dont want to fool with cows on this place. No sales tax savings with a wildlife exemption but thats ok the property tax is enough to make up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzy View Post
                              Where do I start for AG exemption?
                              County Clerks office, find the person that handles ag and wildlife exemptions, they are always pretty helpful in telling you what you will need to qualify.

Comment

How early do you need to start on this process. I am looking to get a piece of property switched over in the beginning of 2020.

I have seen mention that it is easiest application to get done is for birds, but I am focused primarily on Whitetail and Eastern Turkey habitat. Should I not specify that as my goals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X