Krivoman Blind ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krivoman Blind ?

If I take a Krivoman blind and sit it on the ground, kick dirt over the lip of the base, and hunt with the windows/vent closed, is the blind scent proof enough to hunt the spot on the wrong wind?

it will greatly improve your chances, but remember that no spot with the wrong wind will ever be "scent proof" it also depends on where the deer comes in from, and so many other options.

i have sat in mine 5 yds from deer with the windows open and the "wrong" wind direction, but didnt get busted... but have also sat in it during the "right" wind direction and had deer bust me anyway.

krivoman blind is great... but not a panacea

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
      If I take a Krivoman blind and sit it on the ground, kick dirt over the lip of the base, and hunt with the windows/vent closed, is the blind scent proof enough to hunt the spot on the wrong wind?
      I do it all the time. have I been busted? yes. have I gotten away with it? yes

Comment

I sat in mine this weekend just to see what I could see. I had the windows closed and vent open. I had some deer bust me, but I do not know if they were smelling me currently, or smelling something from the work I did around there just before that. My windows kept fogging up and I had to open a window every 20 minutes or so. I would think with the vent closed also, that would be even a bigger problem?

Comment

This. A scent-free blind doesn't exist. Even if it did, that window has to open at some point. If not to let an arrow go, its to take a breath!!!

Comment

I hunt mine from time to time with the wrong wind. I normally don't open more than 2 windows and generally get away with it. Not always, but more often than not.

Comment

I do it all the time. Something I do that has kept me from getting bust scent wise is smoke my clothes. I even smoke the inside of the Krivoman and at times have the smoker with me and smoke while hunting.

Comment

"I'd rather hunt a good blind with a bad wind than a bad blind with a good wind"

J.G.

I hunt unfavorable winds often out of a krivo on the ground covered in sand. Just open 1 window on those winds.

Comment

The reason I'm asking is i've got a spot with approx. 20 different deer coming in with 2-3 shooters and I want to be able to hunt it the first week of season no matter the wind direction. (I feel like I can get one killed the first week before they really start adjusting their patterns.) The spot it only accessible from the west and with a dominant SE wind direction for my area, I feel like I'd be ok in a Lock on, but want to be able to hunt it if there's a cool front that first week... with that many different deer coming in, is it to late in the year to put a Krivoman out?

Comment

It's not "scent proof" at all.
                    If you smell they will smell you

Comment

I'd only open one window to limit your scent getting out.

Comment

The reason I'm asking is i've got a spot with approx. 20 different deer coming in with 2-3 shooters and I want to be able to hunt it the first week of season no matter the wind direction. (I feel like I can get one killed the first week before they really start adjusting their patterns.) The spot it only accessible from the west and with a dominant SE wind direction for my area, I feel like I'd be ok in a Lock on, but want to be able to hunt it if there's a cool front that first week... with that many different deer coming in, is it to late in the year to put a Krivoman out?
                        I'd say it's late in the game. However, given the same circumstances, I'd at least try it.

Comment

You can't not shower and expect any blind to be scent proof. With that being said, I own more than one Krivo, I de-scent myself before I go get in the blind and I have had deer all over me with the wrong wind. I also have the blind sitting on the ground with dirt kicked over the edges. I also hunt with my vent open/closed.....I am not sure that matters as long as you de-scent yourself. I leave all windows closed and then open a window when I am ready to shoot and that has not failed me yet. If you are nervous about that then I would only leave one window open.

Krivoman blinds do work!

Comment

I thought this was more of a blind question. Mitch is a great dude to work with. Great products. Well built. Good customer service. They'll last a long time. I'll buy again when I'm in the market. Would I set one up in your situation so soon to D-day???? Yup!!! Would I expect the same result had I had it up and brushed in two months ago??? Nope! Would I buy two ASAP, hunt the new one and get he 2nd up ASAP? Yup.

Comment

LOL - Good luck to us all on that one.

I corn the lip's and windows on my Krivoman. Make them eat off the blind. Then I sit in there often and let the deer see me. Try to run them off and after 5-10 sits they won't run off unless you hit them with a rock (and they come right back).

I'd use smoke and place an old towel covered in smoke or burnt wood in the blind.

Comment

Working...
                              X