Worse car/truck mod trends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worse car/truck mod trends

So.... I'm sitting in traffic today behind some GMC pickup with a maybe 8 inch lift. Looks great I think. Then I pull up next to it and it has 22 inch wheels maybe 14 inches + wide sticking out a foot from the side of the truck with maybe two inches of tire on it. That doesn't make any sense.

Why are people putting these stupid wheels on their trucks?! I'm seeing them everywhere.

And then I thought back and can remember a lot of crappy trends, but I can't remember them being this useless. Except ricer Hondas. Those have always been an impractical median for going fast. Oh and when people stretch their tires to fit the wheels... That doesn't make sense either.

find a rat **** in your cheerios this morning?

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
      So, how much were those rims anyway?

Comment

I've always wondered why people put the plastic covers over their back license plates. What's the point in that? The plastic ends up all foggy anyway.

Comment

Many do this to avoid paying tolls...

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
          I've always wondered why people put the plastic covers over their back license plates. What's the point in that? The plastic ends up all foggy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
            No... Although I didn't have breakfast today which made me a little hangry now that you mention it. I'm not mad about it or anything... Just don't get it. I was curious about the pre 2000 car mod trends that sucked more than anything. I had an old man once complain for 10 minutes about fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror back in the day.

Comment

The Fiberglass Roll Bar/ KC Light holders from the 80/90s.

The current "Angry Grills" for Jeeps and Super Dutys.

Comment

Truck nutz....

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                  A good marketing person told them a police radar gun cant pick it up with a license plate blocked.

Comment

Mirrors that stick out 3' on pickups that don't even have a gooseneck hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                      Truck nutz....
                      What he said...

Speaking of (don't watch if foul language offends you):

Comment

Stacks

Comment

I see things all the time that I think are crazy. Heck, I see threads on here where people are high fiving a mod that someone did, with me thinking that I would never do that to my truck

But if someone likes something and they do it to their truck, more power to them. I don’t have to drive it, so it makes no difference to me.

Comment

I always think it is funny that people put 3,000 dollars worth of tires/wheels, 1500+ in a too loud stereo on 1500.00 car.

Comment

Same goes for guys complaing how other people spend their money. I’ve got some of those big wide 22x14’s but I have 37s wrapped around em. Also didn’t ask for anyones opinion on what they thought on it either lol, and my truck is far from useless, it hauls all kind of groceries.. But yeah the “Cali lean” trend cracks me up. Doesn’t bother me how silly it is just gets a good grin.

Comment

Working...
                              X