Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shout out to Cajun Blake and his Elite Seafood Boil!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shout out to Cajun Blake and his Elite Seafood Boil!!

Some friends and I cooked crawfish in the Port O'Conner Crawfish cookoff this weekend. Used Ragin Blaze seasoning and came home with the first place boiled crawfish trophy. Have a few pics but am having trouble posting them.

His products are legendary !

Comment

I have some of this on the way.

Comment

WOO HOO !!!

I am needing to get some Cajun Blake Crawfish Seasoning....
        We boiled a 30lb bag this weekend and I remembered I need to get some and try it out !!!

Comment

Congratulations on the win! It's pretty good to have CB on your team.

Comment

can someone post a few pics for me? i can text them.

Comment

You da man Brad, proud of you and your boiling buddies

Comment

Congratulations. That's one heck of an accomplishment.

Comment

Thanks again for the seasoning Blake. And for posting the pics. I am still trying to recover today. May have partied a little too hard on Saturday evening!

Comment

^^^

Comment

mayne those look good!

congratulations and you can never go wrong with CB on your team!

Comment

That reminds me that I need to finish placing my order.

How much seasoning per pound of crawfish did you use?

Comment

The wife and I judged a crawfish contest this weekend and we tasted 12 teams "boiled sides" and that was interesting. It was a big contest and neat deal but I will say I was less than impressed with anything that I tasted. There were a couple that were very creative and I wanted to like it but alas, not that great.

I did have sweet potato in one offering and that was pretty good but not a "boiled crawfish flavor" that I was expecting. It was a solid mix of sausage, corn, potatoes, onion and mushrooms. There were a few that had broccolini, onions, cabbage and little smokeys in the trays. I did not have any asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower in any offerings which I thought was odd.

Honestly, nothing impressed my flavor wise. There was one tray, about 2/3 through the tasting that was just ho hum and mundane and then about a full 2-3 minutes later was like a bomb went off in everyone's mouth. Unreal heat on the backside and there was not a hint when eating the tray. I mean unreal, to the point that all 12 judges were asking for more water and beer. It was a heat that I have never tasted or care to again. There was really no flavor but the heat came on like a hammer, it was intense.

Comment

Brad would you please post the process you used.

Comment

Working...
                            X