Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a heartbeat!!

Comment

I lived in one on a lake for about 2 yrs. It was great. I would go for it if I was in your position.

Comment

Just bought the back end of a subdivision on a lake in Oklahoma, and I'll do that until I build. You can't beat it, and you'll always make money long term.

Comment

We talked some friends of ours into selling their house in Dallas and doing exactly what you are talking about.

His only complaint is that he drinks more beer now than he used to.

They love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            Look at a park model RV. Metal roof and hardiplank siding. Regular plumbing fixtures and ac unit like a house. We have one on Fork. Not as much maintenance as a travel trailer. Don't go near as much as we used to though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            exactly. A good porch on front and a regular house size propane tank and your all set.

Comment

I think a travel trailer on the lake is the best way to go.......

Oh and by just complete random good luck have I got a deal for you.....

-john

Comment

RV all the way.

Comment

I would of had this done the second the warden gave the green light.

Comment

ex-Family member put a nice 5th wheel on what you are describing. He built a great back porch hooked up to it. He loved it. Fishing was great, and he was happy.

Comment

Wife & I have had one on a lot on Hudson lake here in Oklahoma for many years. We love it & are pretty much there every weekend through the summer. We put in a carport & leave the boats & jet ski there year round. Do it!

Comment

Wife and I just bought a lot with the intention of doing this. We looked at several with that option. Ended up buying in a restricted area where trailers aren't allowed for a dwelling.

That said, some friends of ours have a trailer down the road and it's nice. A coworker sold his house and moved into a park on Conroe while they built a home. His wife likes it so much they scraped the home and bought a new 5th wheel.

It's awesome for weekends but not sure I could live in one unless it was a biggun

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          Tiny house on wheels
                          Now that would be innovative! !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to keep my camper at Lake Buccanon. I was a fishing fool when it was there. The one thing I would do is to get one of those metal car ports to keep the camper under cover. Everything will last longer if the camper is kept under a cover!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                              Looking for yay or nays on what you think. The wife and I really want a place on the lake. After some thinking and influence by my buddy (boh347) he says I should look at just getting a lot and putting an RV on it.

I ran this by the wife and I thought I would get a "no way". She was pretty open to it as she loves the lake and fishing. She asked if we would have a crapper and running water, of course yes.

We looked at used mobile homes etc. They are crazy stupid on pricing even on repos and used ones. After retirement getting into a regular home may be an option if we decide to sell our house.

We are fixing to be empty nesters so it would be just me and her for the most part. The lake would also serve as base camp to my deer lease as it is about 15 minutes away.

Have any of you done this? was it ok or a bigger hassle the what it was worth. For now it would be just for weekend get aways and lease housing.

Thanks............

We do not have a RV on a lake but, we do on a bay. For now it gives us a beautiful place to get away to with awesome water views, quick access to the water, we sleep in our own bed and use our own bathroom. On top of that, we own it. Taxes are low and if the weather gets bad all I have to do is hook up and bring it home.

In the future we will more than likely build a house and that is one of the great things about owning, we have options. In my opinion if y’all ever want a place on the water a RV is the perfect option! Here are just a few pictures of what we get to enjoy and, go for it and live your dream...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For sure...put an RV and if you ever decide to build then it's easier to sell an RV than a manufactured home.

Comment

Working...
                                X