How did you find your lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
    I just started a group on Facebook for this. It's called Texas Annual Hunting Leases.
    I'm not allowing day leases or any "in search of" posts. That way it will be easy to see what's been posted.
    In order for it to work we need as many members as possible.
    If you are on a place with openings you can post or if you have property you can post.
    Like I said, just started and don't have any listings yet but am hopeful that in the next couple weeks as season ends folks will start posting.
    Already have 550 members.

Might amount to nothing but it's free so I'm giving it a try.

Request sent as well

Comment

My dad was talking to a friend, who said he had a couple of openings on the lease he ran. We got on 6 years ago, and took it over last year, when the lease manager passed away. Working to get the right people in, and some bad out, but it may take a few years. Lots of sub-leases, totaling about 5000 acres.

Comment

I just started a group on Facebook for this. It's called Texas Annual Hunting Leases.
        I'm not allowing day leases or any "in search of" posts. That way it will be easy to see what's been posted.
        If you are on a place with openings you can post or if you have property you can post.
        Like I said, just started and don't have any listings yet but am hopeful that in the next couple weeks as season ends folks will start posting.

request just sent

Comment

Request sent

Comment

Found mine on CL three years ago. I was the first to call. Just got lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
              My dad was talking to a friend, who said he had a couple of openings on the lease he ran. We got on 6 years ago, and took it over last year, when the lease manager passed away. Working to get the right people in, and some bad out, but it may take a few years. Lots of sub-leases, totaling about 5000 acres.
              Saw that you took over lease and may be looking for the "right" hunters. I've been looking for 2 years since I moved back to TX from Tulsa after being there 23 years. I'm 52, been hunting all my life. Haven't drank in 22 years. Work for American Airlines for 25+ years. Originally from Azle Tx. I have a 12 year old son that loves to hunt. Member of Life.Church in Keller Tx. Thought I'd drop you a msg to see what you have but as a newbie I cant PM you so its all out there for the whole world to see! My cousin may have an opening upcoming on his lease in San Saba but the owner doesn't allow bow hunting! Not really interested in that! Let me know if your looking for a responsible father/son team. Thanks.
              Bobby
              Last edited by bakin7005; 12-28-2015, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Craigslist

Comment

bakin, sent you a PM.

Comment

Goggled "Goliad County Lease". Went thru page after page of nothing. I about the 6th page, there was a link to a different hunting forum(Can't remember the site...it was only time I was on it), I clicked on it, a owner started a thread about possibly leasing one of their pastures. The thread was about a week old and there had already been some replies. With little to no hope, I went ahead and joined the site just so I could send a pm. I sent a long pm about us and our beliefs with hunting. I got a reply the next day saying that I was number two in line. The fact that it was still available was amazing but nonetheless, I'm sure the first person in line will take it. Well, the first person in line never got back with him. So here we are on the best lease we ever had with absolutely great owners. It was just plain luck.

Comment

Current one from a college buddy of mine who owned the land. Last one I located from the Sonora Chambers of Commerce.

Comment

A little bit of luck and a lot of calling and searching

Comment

Request sent.

I may again be able to try a TBH members lease. Got a lead on some ground that would be wonderful for hunting. Especially with the right group.

Comment

Craigslist.. Landowner posted in odd section, found my list in Seymour this way.. way cheap too..

Comment

15 years ago my dad searched like razy and gave a 500$ finders fee. Still on it til this day thank the lord.

Comment

It's all about who you know. I have quite a few friends with properties that have pig problems and have X amount of deer that need to be culled. Makes for some fun free hunts.
                                Taking my son on his first hunting trip this weekend to a friend's place that is only 15 minutes from my front door.
                                I'm very thankful for the people I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X