Dynamic Spine Calculator (ONLINE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Spine Calculator (ONLINE)

Stu Miller's Dynamic Spine Calculator now ONLINE.

Calculator LINK

Rick

Not sure it's working right.

Comment

It’s the same as 3 rivers right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Rick, it always tells me a WAY stiffer spine, and I almost completely quit looking at any of the online spine calculators. Nice Homepage though.

Comment

It's working. I guarantee it. I tested it in every browser known to man.

Not the same as 3rivers. #rivers is a stripped down version.
          This is the full version, straight from Stu himself.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
            Hey Rick, it always tells me a WAY stiffer spine, and I almost completely quit looking at any of the online spine calculators. Nice Homepage though.
            What are you bow specs?

Everything has to be entered correctly, or it'll be way off on the calculation.

If I had your spec, I bet I could calculate an arrow that works, and I bet it'll be close to if not spot on to what you are using now.

Rick

Comment

Did you try it On safari mobile it might be my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
                Did you try it On safari mobile it might be my phone.

Have to admit, I did not.
                I did do it on my phone using Chrome, and Firefox. Worked perfectly on those.

Rick

Comment

Unfortunately this may not be (probably isn't) compatible with any of the apple devices, and software.

EDIT: And I don't have any of that stuff to play with to figure it out.

Rick

Comment

Told me basically the same thing as the 3rivers one except Stu doesn't list Black Eagle arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      Told me basically the same thing as the 3rivers one except Stu doesn't list Black Eagle arrows.
                      I always enter the raw data of the shafts & bow instead of using the manufactures list. Seems to be more accurate for me that way

Here's a screen shot of my current bow & arrows entered into the calculator in raw data, instead of using manufacturers selections.

It is spot on. Shows my arrows to be slightly weak, which I do on purpose.

Rick
                      Attached Files

Comment

Trying the calculator.
                        This is what I meant about the spine was showing Very weak.
                        Never mind I cannot make the screen shot post.
                        Dynamic spine of arrow was 42.6
                        Longbow required says 48.1
                        GT 500- 3555- 100 gran brass- 145 grn point- 3X3" Feathers average nock weight is 15 grains
                        On my scale the longbow is 48# @ 28 inches and cut to 1/16 so with rest is 1/8 from center with fast flight string
                        Last edited by Dry Bones; 10-08-2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                          Trying the calculator.
                          This is what I meant about the spine was showing Very weak.
                          Never mind I cannot make the screen shot post.
                          Dynamic spine of arrow was 42.6
                          Longbow required says 48.1
                          GT 500- 3555- 100 gran brass- 145 grn point- 3X3" Feathers average nock weight is 15 grains
                          On my scale the longbow is 48# @ 28 inches and cut to 1/16 so with rest is 1/8 from center with fast flight string
                          R&D modern longbow, or regular old longbow?
                          I'm assuming that's a +1/8"?
                          Your draw length is 28?
                          To back of point length of arrow?
                          Type of string, and strand count?

Rick
                          Last edited by RickBarbee; 10-08-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I've been working on arrows for my Big Jim today. Your calculator and the 3 rivers gave me similar results. However I had so much left nock left it was scary. Randy has been kind enough to coach me through the process so far. I've trimmed an inch and three quarters off and getting decent bare shaft flight now. But dang it's been a process. Just the opposite with my Widow. Calculator says, I does, it worked.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              I've been working on arrows for my Big Jim today. Your calculator and the 3 rivers gave me similar results. However I had so much left nock left it was scary. Randy has been kind enough to coach me through the process so far. I've trimmed an inch and three quarters off and getting decent bare shaft flight now. But dang it's been a process. Just the opposite with my Widow. Calculator says, I does, it worked.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                              The BW bows have a terrific handle/grip, which almost forces you to hold the bow correctly at center.

Since the calculator has to work from center, any deviation of grip from center will throw it off.

On any bow, you need to figure out your grip on the bow, that gives you the center line. If you can't do that, and have an arrow that works like you want it to - well then, that's what the personal form factor adjustment in the calculator is for, (among other things).

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X