10/10/10 Carta Valley Management Buck! w/Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10/10/10 Carta Valley Management Buck! w/Video

Last year I hunted a beautiful place in Carta Valley on a trial run to see if we wanted to lease the place for a longer period of time. I shot little culls the rancher wanted shot and showed them a bow is deadly and I could shoot what I was supose to!

Everything worked out great and I signed a three yr lease to have the place to ourselves. My father in law, Cousin, and Myself.

We have been running several trail cameras and have seen many of the bucks on the property....if not most There are some great bucks there and some not so great.

This year the three of us can only kill a couple management bucks along with some exotics and does, etc... we have a very detailed agreement that the owner and I came up with and typed up and signed, etc...
    Next year, any deer on property is available to the three of us- so I already cant wait Place is HF'ed and has totally changed my views on HF and the tool they can be! Its still several hundred acres so, its not like tiny acreage. Add hills and valleys and it appears twice the size it even is... here are a couple to look forward to next year!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0076.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	24826596

Name:	PICT0398.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	24826597

anyway- Here is my buck for this year. I took him Sunday morning pretty early. I waited for day light quit a while, but camera was still way darker than view finder showed. I lightened it up as much as possible but still very disappointed in the low light quality

I also shot two mouflon ewes by spot and stalk with bow that was pretty interesting as well as rifled a black buck doe. He wants a lot of female exotics taken out.... however possible!

So I have two large ice chest packed full of bb, goat, and a buck Busy weekend ahead!

Name:	Picture 003 resized.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	24826599

Name:	photo11.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	24826605

Name:	IMG_0135.JPG
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	24826600

Name:	Loaded down.JPG
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	24826601

Name:	photo1.JPG
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	24826602

Name:	photo3.JPG
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	24826603

Name:	photo4.JPG
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	24826604

The video is very dark, but you get the picture...

here is the video

2010 Carta Valley Buck Video

thanks for allowing me to share and happy hunting to everyone this year! Stay tuned for another buck and doe and others.

Very nice buck and a heckuva weekend.

Comment

Looks great, good luck in the future

Comment

great hunt, what type of camera stand you got?

Comment

thanks guys- Flywise- its a superclamp modified. I screwed a bolt into the superclamp head and ground it round like a tripod small head. Then a $10 walmart mini tripod head placed on top of the bolt. That way I can move it around and pan left and right to shooting lanes, etc... The superclamp alone is fine if just one shooting lane, etc... but not if you need to move it around easy.

If anyone is curious- The owner wanted this deer and the three little ones that are identical but younger dead cause of the crab claws and the way the rack comes back around almost touching. The deer was 13 6/8 wide also- There is a 13 pt I call grave digger that is same exact thing, but he doesnt want him shot yet and thats fine- Ill nail him next year given chance, but technically he is same exact genes. He is also in video at the end walking off
          Last edited by Howard; 10-13-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Congrats again JT. Sounds like a family sausage making get together is in order!

Comment

outstanding Howard. Congrats on making a great shot. Cant wait to see your deer next season.

Comment

Fantastic Hunt! Congrats!

Comment

You got yourself a little slice of heaven there Howard. That's a darn good looking buck...congrats on the kills!!

Comment

very well done!

Congrats on a great place and buck!

Comment

Great buck and great shot! Can't wait to see what you get next year!

Comment

Congrats on the buck JT. Looks like a great place.

Comment

Congrats on the buck and mouflon ewes! That is quite an accomplishment stalking upon the mouflon ewes as they can be very wild.

Comment

Nicely done JT! Congrats on the kills!

Comment

Good job, Howard. Hope the landowner doesn't get too picky next year. All your work ought be paying off by then. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X