Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-15-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
Robert
Eight Point

Default Who has been shafted by a taxidermist

The other thread got me to thinking about my experience. I will start. In 2013 I dropped off 2 ducks to Bird Works in Ft Worth. I paid 1/2 on each and left. This was the third time to use him. That was the last time I saw them. That dude had a ton of excuses. I never got my money or my birds back. I called a few times but when he would answer the phone it was just one crazy story after the next.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 10:32 AM   #2
Sika
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country and East TX

I left a turkey and deposit with a guy in Austin in ‘99. His name was JP Nelson.
About 9 months later I called to check on it and he said it was next in line.
Couple more months passed. I called again and the number had been disconnected. The shop was closed. I did ask some other taxidermists in the area if they knew him and had one lead but nothing came of it. Never found him, the money or the mount.

Update: Did a search on Facebook and found him -
https://www.facebook.com/100010230018410

Anybody know this guy? If so, please go punch him in the face for ripping off a 15 year old girl.

Last edited by Sika; 04-15-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Sika is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #3
ByronB
Ten Point

Is stuff like this worth filing claims in small court? Maybe it depends case to case? I have never had anything like this happen fortunately. Hate to hear it takes place.
ByronB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 10:41 AM   #4
Sleepy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Camp County, Rusk County, Smith County, Kansas

My boss dropped off a 190” Kansas whitetail and a 150” panhandle 8 with a taxi here in East Texas. I can’t remember how much time passed by, but there were a few excuses after a year or so. Another 6 months and the guy disappeared. Finally we get a call from the building owner (the taxi was leasing it) and said he was giving 7 days for folks to come pick up their hides and horns. Apparently the taxi was into drugs and quit paying rent so the owner locked him out and never returned. My boss gets there and finds his 150” 8 but no Kansas buck. We had pictures of it so we started sharing the pictures with everyone and on Facebook. A week or two later, another taxi called and sent pictures of horns he had received. Sure enough, the first taxi sold the horns to this one! While my boss was pretty livid, he looked at this taxi’s work which was pretty good, so he agreed to let him go ahead and get the work done. Fast forward a few months, the 190” white tail is finished. The only problem now is, the guy put a mule deer cape on it! So now we have a 190” whitetail with a mule deer cape. I finally told him to send it to my taxidermist to have it done right. One of our a buddies shot a Kansas buck and was not going to mount it he used that cape. I actually went and picked this buck up yesterday. This was three years in the making!
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 10:42 AM   #5
WCB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Grayson

Guess Iíve been lucky on the few Iíve had done. Two by TBHers 👍
WCB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #6
White Falcon
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Tx. and Anywhere I can!

Dropped off a mallard to a taxidermist, Johny I***, in S.E. Dallas in the 80's, never got my bird. He said his cat got it. Didn't loose any money! The guy worked for the City of Dallas full time. Still ****** me off!!
White Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #7
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Webb

I lost a triple bearded turkey I was having a full body mount on to a taxidermist in Woodsboro a few years back. It was the second and best bird I have taken with my bow in Brooks county. Same scenario as others, after leaving him half the deposit and numerous phone conversations over about a three year span he finally fessed up and said he lost it. His name was David Logan.
Muddy Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #8
Encinal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Spite of Wife's Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
My boss dropped off a 190” Kansas whitetail and a 150” panhandle 8 with a taxi here in East Texas. I can’t remember how much time passed by, but there were a few excuses after a year or so. Another 6 months and the guy disappeared. Finally we get a call from the building owner (the taxi was leasing it) and said he was giving 7 days for folks to come pick up their hides and horns. Apparently the taxi was into drugs and quit paying rent so the owner locked him out and never returned. My boss gets there and finds his 150” 8 but no Kansas buck. We had pictures of it so we started sharing the pictures with everyone and on Facebook. A week or two later, another taxi called and sent pictures of horns he had received. Sure enough, the first taxi sold the horns to this one! While my boss was pretty livid, he looked at this taxi’s work which was pretty good, so he agreed to let him go ahead and get the work done. Fast forward a few months, the 190” white tail is finished. The only problem now is, the guy put a mule deer cape on it! So now we have a 190” whitetail with a mule deer cape. I finally told him to send it to my taxidermist to have it done right. One of our a buddies shot a Kansas buck and was not going to mount it he used that cape. I actually went and picked this buck up yesterday. This was three years in the making!

It boggles my mind why folks leave antlers they care about with Taxidermists period.

*Spoiler* they don’t need them until right before they put the animal on the form after the tanning process etc.

Tell your taxi you want to kee your antlers. They should cape out the head for you right there and hand them to you defleshed no problem!

Tell them to call you when they need them back!

Last edited by Encinal; 04-15-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Encinal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 11:15 AM   #9
Sleepy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Camp County, Rusk County, Smith County, Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinal View Post
It boggles my mind why folks leave antlers they care about with Taxidermists period.

*Spoiler* they donít need them until right before they put the animal on the form after the tanning process etc.

Tell your taxi you want to kee your antlers. They should cape out the head for you right there and hand them to you defleshed no problem!

Tell them to call you when you need them back!
Thatís exactly how itís done these days
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 11:15 AM   #10
67olds442
Six Point

Hunt In: Sweetwater

Its going on 17 months on a bobcat i dropped off with a guy in cresson who is supposed to be the best around. I was told 8 months and i've called 3 times since the 8 months was up. Lot's of promises but still don't have my cat.
67olds442 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 11:25 AM   #11
Williams4298
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Quanah, Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67olds442 View Post
Its going on 17 months on a bobcat i dropped off with a guy in cresson who is supposed to be the best around. I was told 8 months and i've called 3 times since the 8 months was up. Lot's of promises but still don't have my cat.
I think I know who your talking about. Heís a good guy and is always swamped, youíll get your cat back. He did a Muley for me and it took awhile to get it back but it was worth the wait.
Williams4298 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #12
Buff
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronB View Post
Is stuff like this worth filing claims in small court? Maybe it depends case to case? I have never had anything like this happen fortunately. Hate to hear it takes place.
Canít get blood out of a turnip

I have judgments against 2 Taxidermist, one is for $10,000.00
You canít make them pay
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 12:11 PM   #13
Hoyt Man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Bud View Post
I lost a triple bearded turkey I was having a full body mount on to a taxidermist in Woodsboro a few years back. It was the second and best bird I have taken with my bow in Brooks county. Same scenario as others, after leaving him half the deposit and numerous phone conversations over about a three year span he finally fessed up and said he lost it. His name was David Logan.
David Hogan was his name and he died about 4 yrs ago.
Hoyt Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 12:18 PM   #14
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Had one tell me he'd tan two bobcat hides for me because it had taken him a ridiculously long time to get the third one I took to him mounted. On top of that it was the wrong bobcat. On top of that it looked like crap because I shot it in the face with a shotgun and he'd already told me he couldn't get it to work on anything except a smaller form beforehand. So I said ok just don't mount that one. He said since he had everything all jacked up he'd have the other two tanned for free. Call him two weeks later and some other guy answers. He informed me he didn't own the business anymore and had moved to Kansas City. I asked about my bobcats and he said he didn't leave anything there he either sold it or took it with him.

So really all that means to me is that guy has an *** whoopin coming at some point. Maybe several different ones.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 12:27 PM   #15
BW96
Eight Point

Hunt In: Public and wood county

Higher ground taxidermy out of alto tx Jake Carter. He screwed many people and just dropped his business off on a great guy that did a lot of the work for free. Supposedly he skipped town and went to San Antonio, if any of you come into contact with him, there's a lot of east texas boys that would love to get a hold of him. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
BW96 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #16
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

No bad dealings yet for me

Hopefully it stays that way
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #17
tps7742
Ten Point

Hunt In: East tx

Dumb question on my part maybe, but do the people that had trouble with taxidermist didn’t you get referrals from folks you trust?
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 01:50 PM   #18
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW, Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
The other thread got me to thinking about my experience. I will start. In 2013 I dropped off 2 ducks to Bird Works in Ft Worth. I paid 1/2 on each and left. This was the third time to use him. That was the last time I saw them. That dude had a ton of excuses. I never got my money or my birds back. I called a few times but when he would answer the phone it was just one crazy story after the next.
Same here but I finally went to his house and got my completed turkey.

He was a complete psychopath, but I knew where he lived
Atfulldraw is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 01:54 PM   #19
Grayson
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atfulldraw View Post
Same here but I finally went to his house and got my completed turkey.

He was a complete psychopath, but I knew where he lived
Yes
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 01:55 PM   #20
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW96 View Post
Higher ground taxidermy out of alto tx Jake Carter. He screwed many people and just dropped his business off on a great guy that did a lot of the work for free. Supposedly he skipped town and went to San Antonio, if any of you come into contact with him, there's a lot of east texas boys that would love to get a hold of him. Lol

He got me too. He's a POS. And he works for Safari Studios in San Angelo now. I will say that the guy he dumped everybody's mounts on is a great guy and did an awesome job on my mount.
CRM_95 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #21
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Oh and another thing about Jake, unless things have changed he was on some sort of state taxidermy board or something. I don't see how but he was.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #22
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico, Tom Green Co.

Quote:

Iím thinking this is the same guy who is working at Safari Studios in San Angelo now. Not the only questionable taxidermist Safari Studios has taken in. They have great talent just suck at business bad so I guess Safari Studios takes care of that part for them.

The owner is as good as they get heís just had some guys whoíve burned lots of people with their own businesses in the past
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 02:07 PM   #23
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post
Iím thinking this is the same guy who is working at Safari Studios in San Angelo now. Not the only questionable taxidermist Safari Studios has taken in. They have great talent just suck at business bad so I guess Safari Studios takes care of that part for them.

The owner is as good as they get heís just had some guys whoíve burned lots of people with their own businesses in the past
That's him. As far as I'm concerned if they take in shady taxidermists they're shady too. If I killed a 200'' deer I'd saw the horns off and hang em on the barn before I dealt with them!!
Old 04-15-2018, 02:08 PM   #24
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico, Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM_95 View Post
That's him. As far as I'm concerned if they take in shady taxidermists they're shady too. If I killed a 200'' deer I'd saw the horns off and hang em on the barn before I dealt with them!!
Nah Jimmy is a great guy and runs a hell of a business. He did way before those yahoos came in he’s just got too much work to do alone
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 02:20 PM   #25
BW96
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillips View Post

To be fair, I did get my mount from him. But he got a buddy of mine that paid him in full up front. Jake does great work but a total pos.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:27 PM   #26
Huggybear
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams4298 View Post
I think I know who your talking about. Heís a good guy and is always swamped, youíll get your cat back. He did a Muley for me and it took awhile to get it back but it was worth the wait.
The guy isn't nice to keep taking work and putting off what he already has. Just plain bad business.
Huggybear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 02:47 PM   #27
Catarina
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit, Brooks, and Zavala

I've got a taxidermist in Corpus that has some birds that I paid in full for....... this thread reminds me that I need to go back and ask for my refund..... Trust me ya'll and every other website will hear about it if it doesn't go well
Catarina is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 03:02 PM   #28
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Took a pheasant to a guy 30 years ago. I believe his name was John Puckett.
He claimed game wardens took all his animals because he had a owl a customer brought him in one of his freezers.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #29
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Quote:
To be fair, I did get my mount from him. But he got a buddy of mine that paid him in full up front. Jake does great work but a total pos.

He didn't cost me any money either. But, I killed a 120ish 8 point that was in full velvet at First Point. He told me he'd preserve the velvet, mount it like that, and I paid the deposit. When he left he dropped it off with James Mangham and never told me. The velvet was dried and shriveled, and he lost the cape.

James was able to get me another cape, polished the horns up and stained them to look natural, and honored my deposit so I was super appreciative of that. James is a good dude and will get all my business from now on. And you can text him or message him on FB and he gets back with you right away. I can't say enough good things about him.

But yeah Jake burned a bunch of folks. My understanding is he took some African animals and exotics with him that to this day the owners haven't seen again. Also he lost the capes to a couple giant elk. I tried to contact him several times and he wouldn't talk to me.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:44 PM   #30
BW96
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM_95 View Post
He didn't cost me any money either. But, I killed a 120ish 8 point that was in full velvet at First Point. He told me he'd preserve the velvet, mount it like that, and I paid the deposit. When he left he dropped it off with James Mangham and never told me. The velvet was dried and shriveled, and he lost the cape.

James was able to get me another cape, polished the horns up and stained them to look natural, and honored my deposit so I was super appreciative of that. James is a good dude and will get all my business from now on. And you can text him or message him on FB and he gets back with you right away. I can't say enough good things about him.

But yeah Jake burned a bunch of folks. My understanding is he took some African animals and exotics with him that to this day the owners haven't seen again. Also he lost the capes to a couple giant elk. I tried to contact him several times and he wouldn't talk to me.
I legitimately showed up at his house 3 times before he finally got mine done. It's beautiful none the less but man I thought I was never going to see it again. But yes, I'll be taking mine to James from now on.

Old 04-15-2018, 03:50 PM   #31
Williams4298
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Quanah, Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggybear View Post
The guy isn't nice to keep taking work and putting off what he already has. Just plain bad business.
Most quality taxis have a wait time of 12-16 months. Iíve never understood why people get in a fireass hurry to just hang it on the wall. I understand about them telling you one date and then it takes longer but honestly thatís almost any taxi you work with. Look at avian arts or the other waterfowl taxi in Dallas, theyíre not turning away work are they?
Williams4298 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #32
cantexduck
Pope & Young

Hunt In: all over central Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Canít get blood out of a turnip

I have judgments against 2 Taxidermist, one is for $10,000.00
You canít make them pay
Is the one who owes you 10k named Michael ?
cantexduck is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 04:26 PM   #33
eastxhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marsh / Central Tx

Worst nightmares
eastxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 04:39 PM   #34
Buff
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantexduck View Post
Is the one who owes you 10k named Michael ?
Yes
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 05:34 PM   #35
kumathebear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere and when I can!

NEVER pay a Taxi the full price up front! I watched a business associate, very good work, put those paid up full farther back the line. Pay the deposit but most of all....research on the net and get recommendations before you trust your memory with completion. There are just as many good & ethical Taxi's as there are bad...just like any business.
kumathebear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 07:19 PM   #36
Hobbs
Six Point

Hunt In: East Texas

I took a big rattlesnake and a javelina to a taxidermist outside Texarkana in the late '90s. I told him I wanted the rattlesnake skin on felt so I could hang it on the wall and the javelina head euroed. Told me about 3 months. He calls about 6 months later and says the rattlesnake was rotten inside and stunk up his shop so he threw it out. Total bs. That snake was put in the freezer right after I killed it and was never thawed. It was still frozen when I dropped it off. Not sure if he thawed it and forgot about it so it ruined or if he just wanted it for himself. The javelina euro I got back was terrible. It was painted white with a paint brush and looked like a 3rd grader painted it. I learned my lesson then about taxidermists. I researched after that and never had a bad mount on any deer heads, ducks or antelope. Good taxidermists are worth what they charge.
Hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 07:22 PM   #37
MA ELite
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas & Oklahoma

Hoof & Horns in Munday, TX. Took a ram to him. 2 years later I finally get a hold of him and get my horns and cape. Cape was ruined.

He wrote a hot check to a buddy of mine for his refunded deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MA ELite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 08:31 PM   #38
docmay
Pope & Young

I dropped of a javelina in San Antonio about 18-19 years ago for a shoulder mount and another javelina in Arizona 5-6 years ago for a lifesize mount. Needless to say I still don’t have a javelina in my house! I pay a little more for my taxidermy but the work is excellent and I always get it back. I only use one shop now no matter what! The only time when I have been screwed the last few years is when I have let someone else do the work.
docmay is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 09:00 PM   #39
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Usually from a tree

I use one of two people and have for years. Never had an issue and sometimes find myself surprised by the turn around. I killed an elk a few years ago and when I dropped it off, I joked that I needed it by Christmas. Two days before Christmas I got a call to come pick it up. Frank Tudor in Conroe or Ricky Overall in New Caney have treated me OUTSTANDING over the years. I've use B&S Taxidermy in Eagle Lake a few times with the same results. I guess I've just been lucky enough to hire good quality, honest people to do my work.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 09:01 PM   #40
Sparkles
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County

I tried somebody closer to my house this year
Wish I wouldnít have
Decent work but not what I was used to

Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 10:09 PM   #41
BigDraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Melvin TX

Back in th 70s ( I was just a baby then), I shot a monster axis and my pops took to a guy in San Antonio for a shoulder mount, a year after excuses, he said he had been robbed and to quit calling. I have never considered mounting anything since
BigDraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 11:18 PM   #42
MASTERS
Ten Point

Hunt In: In the brush....

Never been stiffed but have had taxidermist agree with me on what I wanted done and when I get there to pick it up it be exactly what I described that I DID NOT want done. Happened 4 times with three different taxis. Ponied up and quit budget shopping my taxi work after that. Allen Palermo has been my go to guy for a decade and a half and has never disappointed me. Customer service he provides is second to none, period.
MASTERS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 11:32 PM   #43
be12hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montell, TX

Man some of these stories are sickening. Makes me angry just reading them
be12hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 11:51 PM   #44
bukkskin
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Mexico

No, I only use Jenny Lacourse out of Helotes Tx.
Excellent work and no bs, as long as you pay her for the work done.
bukkskin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 07:22 AM   #45
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young

Four or five years ago my sister dropped off my buff colored fallow deer hide to be tanned at a taxi in the Tyler area. The guy got kidney cancer or something and was ill. A year later she finally went to pick it up and it was the wrong hide. The one they tried to give her was red. They didn't have my hide anywhere in the shop. I hope she posts his name, but on the other hand I fear that he has passed on (died).
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 07:28 AM   #46
Biggs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Dakota

Iíve only ever used myself and Chance Love. I can be an idiot sometimes but Chance Love is consistently awesome.

Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 08:37 AM   #47
Double-O-Dave
Eight Point

Hunt In: Goldthwaite, TX - Mills County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
Iíve only ever used myself and Chance Love. I can be an idiot sometimes but Chance Love is consistently awesome.

My son and I met Chance last Friday to pick up a Euro mount he did for my son. Chance is a very nice guy. He was friendly and professional, and spent time talking to my son about his experiences in the field as a guide and taxidermist. He did a very nice job on the Euro mount for my son, plus he gave us the TBH discount - handy for a college kid who has to count his pennies carefully. We saw other mounts he was working on in his shop, and we were very impressed with the quality of his work. Also, he delivered the mount on target, on time, and at the price quoted. Sorry for the poor photo - thankfully I'm better with a rifle than with a camera.

Regards,

Dave
Attached Images

Double-O-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 09:25 AM   #48
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Knee Deep Salty Water

David Hogan. He passed away 4 years ago...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Bud View Post

Last edited by Rack Ranch; 04-16-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Rack Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #49
Grayson
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
I tried somebody closer to my house this year
Wish I wouldnít have
Decent work but not what I was used to

Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #50
BLee15
Four Point

Hunt In: Cherokee & Crossplains

Shot a fox a few years back and dropped it off to Double D taxi in Rockwall. Fox was shot with a 30-06 so as you can imagine it was blow up pretty good for the exit wound. I specifically asked can you fix this and he said no problem. Called a year later and asked if my mount was done he said hes getting to it in the next few weeks. Call 3 weeks later and he said hes trying to fix it. After that never heard back about my "messed up" fox pelt, deposit, or supposedly full body fox mount. Guess he couldn't fix it. Wasn't to worried about it only left $100 on deposit but still principle of the matter.
BLee15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top