No announcement yet.

Let's Discuss Diesel Trucks and Sanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone bought something you don't want and now you're losing your sanity? That time of the month?

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
      Someone bought something you don't want and now you're losing your sanity? That time of the month?
      With who the OP is I'd say your spot on

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
        Tis post wreaks off pur gramar.

Also jealousy is fear of losing something you have, envy is wanting what others have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

jeal·ous·ly
        jelsl/Submit
        adverb
        in a way that shows an envious resentment of someone or their achievements, possessions, or perceived advantages.
        "she stared jealously at his phone"

Thank your off there, maybe double check what you think you know before making a wise crack at somebody.

I have a 2017 f250 diesel, I do have a gooseneck trailer and haul a tractor, a ranger and or a Jeep a few times a month and also haul stuff out to junk yard. I had a F150 a few years back and it could tow everything but it was enough weight it was working the truck so I moved up to the diesel.

I don’t care what people buy, I just can’t ever figure out why they buy them to lift them and throw 40s underneath them. And take every practical use for a truck and throw it out the window. But each there own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why do people ride camels? When a donkey is perfectly capable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	39E04E38-2D5B-430D-9B79-8C9C15AA7460.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	24535956

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
            With who the OP is I'd say your spot on
            You said "spot" in regards to "time of the month".

I'm still trying to figure out what was grammatically incorrect about "This thread wreaks of jealousy."????

I drive a diesel. I need it to tow my ego around. Please read "Total Money Takeover", then you can tell me what to drive when you're paying for it!

Comment

For that matter why buy a new bow when older bows will work? Why hunt with an expensive compound bow when a cheap bolt action rifle will work? Why hunt when there's grocery stores selling food cheaper than hunting equipment?

I get what you mean, and being in Houston where I know for a fact most of these trucks are just for show, but who cares. If they earned their money and have the ability to purchase one, who gives a rip.

Comment

I don't care what someone wants to drive. If all you do is drive to work in the city in a lifted tuned diesel, great, it's your money, do what you want with it. What irks me are the guys that show up on every towing thread with the mindset that if you don't have a diesel that can pull your 30k trailer 100 mph then you are somehow inferior to them. Simple, if you need to tow heavy regularly or just plain want one, get a diesel. Beyond that no one is jealous or cares how cool you think you are.
                Last edited by jdg13; 04-13-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Holy crap you are really going to lose your mind when a big portion of 1/2 tons are diesels.

I got the 1/2 ton Diesel for fuel mileage, and it pulls everything I need. 20ft flatbed and my 34ft travel trailer the few times a year I pull them. Other than that, I use the hell out of my truck for the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                    I don't care what someone wants to drive. If all you do is drive to work in the city in a lifted tuned diesel, great, it's your money, do what you want with it. What irks me are the guys that show up on every towing thread with the mindset that if you don't have a diesel that can pull your 30k trailer 100 mph then you are somehow inferior to them. Simple, if you need to tow heavy regularly or just plain want one, get a diesel. Beyond that no one is jealous or cares how cool you think you are.
                    This

Or they insinuate you can't tow more than a little red wagon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                      You said "spot" in regards to "time of the month".

I'm still trying to figure out what was grammatically incorrect about "This thread wreaks of jealousy."????

I drive a diesel. I need it to tow my ego around. Please read "Total Money Takeover", then you can tell me what to drive when you're paying for it!
                      Haha, extended cab or crew cab for the ego?

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                        The new ones aren’t as cool anyways because they don’t sound like the old Cummins or Powerstrokes [emoji57][emoji16]

Ive owned them both and that ain’t a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                          I do NOT “need” mine right now. I had a late model Ford F-150 4x4 with the 5.0 and it towed our boat and RV just fine. I know personally, we are preparing for retirement and that includes trading in our bumper pull for a 5er within the next year. The right deal presented itself to get our Ram 2500 and I didn’t hesitate to jump on it. Maintenance costs are tremendously more and is offset by the 27mpg doing 80mph unloaded.

Most people don’t need a diesel and due more harm than good in the way they drive them. I guess in that regard it’s a win for the manufacturers and mechanics.

Again, for us, it’s all about retirement and having stuff paid off before. That is why I jumped on a B&W sliding hitch locally online last night. I don’t have a use for it right this minute but I will soon and for $450, I couldn’t pass up saving $1k!

Holy cow! You STOLE that hitch!

I’m jealous. I need a slider and currently have a Curt slider setup on my B&W turnover but it’s very noisy.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                            Also - I drive a KIA Optima
                            Did you buy it up the road at "Cowboy KIA" up in Conroe????

(that sign cracks me up EVERY time... never gets old! )

Comment

Keeping up with the Jones.

There are probably more big, fancy diesels in most Dallas/Houston neighborhoods than there are in the county I live in that has over 16,000 people.

I don’t get it either, but it ain’t my money.

Comment

Let's Discuss Diesel Trucks and Sanity

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                Holy cow! You STOLE that hitch!

I’m jealous. I need a slider and currently have a Curt slider setup on my B&W turnover but it’s very noisy.

This is the exact hitch we wanted in part because of what you said, it’s super quiet and flexes to eliminate it transferring to the truck. And the deal we got, smokin hot! We couldn’t get over there fast enough. It had been listed for three days and we were the first to contact them. We are truly Blessed!

Last edited by Brazos Hunter; 04-13-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X