No announcement yet.

One of these days when i'm the boss....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rising speed limits over the past 25 years have cost nearly 37,000 lives, including more than 1,900 in 2017 alone, a new IIHS study shows.

Has the pendulum swung in 20 years?

I’m too much of a Libertarian for Uncle Sam to be telling me how to dress in my car

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
      Sorry...if we put beans in chili, paper should be able to roll from the top.

Move to the back of the line.

Comment

Death Row Inmates would have 1 year to get right with God. Then time would be up.

Comment

Anyone who puts velcro on hunting gear will go out of business

Comment

Drivers will prove that they know the following, or not drive:

The purpose of the left, "passing", lane
            How to properly navigate a roundabout
            How to proceed at a 4-way stop intersection

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
              https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/spe...-over-25-years

Has the pendulum swung in 20 years?

I’m too much of a Libertarian for Uncle Sam to be telling me how to dress in my car
              The data in your article suggests that actual traffic deaths were 40,150 in 1993 (when the speed limit was 55/65) and 37,133 in 2017 (when the speed limit was btw 70 and 85). So today, there are 65 million more people in the United States, we're all driving faster, and less of us are dying.

Am I missing something?

Comment

I’d vote for ya if you keep TBH threads from jumping the tracks

Comment

eliminate seat belt LAWS and reinstate that every state require helmets for motorcyclists. Yeah, kinda the opposite of what it is now for those of you noticing...

Also reinstate headlight checks and max brightness limits on inspections. Hate this bright light crap on every other car in the oncoming lanes!

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
                    Double Amen.

And I'd hire an army of parking police who will do nothing but write very expensive tickets to those who can't park between the lines, thereby rendering the space next to them useless.
                    Same for the knuckleheads getting out of their cars and letting the door swing open into the sides of other cars.
                    I'd say jail time ... or a .45 persuation.
                    Last edited by tdwinklr; 05-31-2019, 09:45 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      Same for the knuckleheads getting out of their cars and letting the door swing open into the sides of other cars.
                      I'd say jail time ... or a .45 persuation.
                      Maybe the better requirement would be that parking lot makers had to account for the size of a pick up truck when laying down paint.

This silly stuff of my F150 almost touching a painted line on both sides AND the back is ridiculous. Some are better than others...but jeesh.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        The data in your article suggests that actual traffic deaths were 40,150 in 1993 (when the speed limit was 55/65) and 37,133 in 2017 (when the speed limit was btw 70 and 85). So today, there are 65 million more people in the United States, we're all driving faster, and less of us are dying.

Am I missing something?

Have you seen how many airbags deploy in modern vehicles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No more stretch pants for those who shouldn’t wear em.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Have you seen how many airbags deploy in modern vehicles?
                            Yes

Comment

I’m still thinking that chili will require beans

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                                I’m still thinking that chili will require beans
                                I second that motion

Comment

Working...
                                X