Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with a friendly stand selection order...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with a friendly stand selection order...

Me and a few other members on here acquired a new property and to be fair are drawing numbers, but we want to find a creative way to liven it up a little. Hard thing is we can’t all be face to face at same time (work, distance, etc). Anyone got a creative idea how to pull this off?

You mean as doing it at the same time but in different locations?

Comment

Assign each person a number and use a random number generator. Who ever does it uses their phone to video the numbers being generated and then send that video to all the lease members.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
        Assign each person a number and use a random number generator. Who ever does it uses their phone to video the numbers being generated and then send that video to all the lease members.
        This^^^

Comment

Congrats on the new place to hunt.

Comment

So you will each have your own stand locations? Why not just have community stands and draw cards if all are present to hunt? We did that for 21 years and never had any issues.

As long as everyone pulls their weight on keeping feeders full etc.. it works great.

Comment

How many guys?

Comment

I was gonna suggest that everybody use Skype and one person pull numbers to match members assigned numbers

Comment

I’ve got a number generator app i was just curious if there was some sort of way to make it some what more competitive than just random luck. I don’t even know if it’s posisble to do that without everyone together at one time, but thought i might ask an see if there was Any cool ideas out there. If not we’ll just do it the old fashion way...

Comment

We assigned stand site picks in the order I received payment for the membership spot(s)... That sure got the money in faster!

I'm working on a new lease right now myself... Hope to have good news to report soon!!

Good luck to you guys!

Community stands always results in the lowest common denominator for stand/feed programs... didn't work for us too well, but we had a pretty big place (10,000+ acres). A small place with a small group of friends might be OK, but I never cared for that communist approach...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      We assigned stand site picks in the order I received payment for the membership spot(s)... That sure got the money in faster!

I'm working on a new lease right now myself... Hope to have good news to report soon!!

Good luck to you guys!

Community stands always results in the lowest common denominator for stand/feed programs... didn't work for us too well, but we had a pretty big place (10,000+ acres). A small place with a small group of friends might be OK, but I never cared for that communist approach...
                      I never liked the community method either!

I hope you get a new place Charlie.

Comment

Good luck to you guys!

Yea, we had a small group of friends so it worked well. Also, I always liked being able to hunt different areas instead of staring at the same woods everytime... But I guess with 10,000 acres that may not be an issue!!

Comment

If it is an archery lease, closest shot at 40 yards to the bullseye gets first pick. Can have them facetime the lease manager while they make their shot.

Comment

Good luck to you guys!

Ya were on 5,000 acres and a small group we’ll have our personals an 2 maybe 3 community stands. I personally like the personalization of have a set spot. Can make adjustments however you like without a group input or approval

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                              X