Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

120 Pigs Down! Skinny and FND 2017 Live Hunt Challenge Recap

Congrats SKINNY!!!!!

Well it’s over and Skinny is the winner(he kicked my azz). I’ll be warming up the massage oils soon. If you aren’t familiar with the thread or the inside joke, see the thread link...

Here are some numbers and some thoughts from me...

120 total pigs died(some not recovered)

75 - Skinny
    45 - FND

All shot with Mathews Halon 32’s

Over 100 hunts for me
    Well over 200 hours on stand for me

Skinny will post his stats and thoughts shortly after I do.

Some highlights...

196,000 posts to the thread
    8600 pages to the thread
    Got to hunt four days with Skinny and Rob
    4 pigs shot and recovered in one sit with 3 arrows
    232 lb. largest boar hog
    Lots of peaceful time on stand
    Multiple doubles
    Lots of product testing

Skinny and I both got burned out at the end. It’s a lot of work doing live hunts and especially one lasting an entire year. Learned our lesson there though. . Never again.

Thanks for everyone who followed and especially those few who stuck with us after around May or June. You guys kept us going.

Also, special thanks to the Sniper Hog Light guys who kept us in a steady stream of hog killin’ equipment and even a place to hunt for a few days. You guys are great.

Some pics from me and I’m sure Skinny will post shortly!

First pig...

And finally...

If you don’t get the last photo, you shoulda followed the thread.
    Last edited by Fishndude; 12-31-2017, 06:48 PM.

That’s a ton of pigs! And I’m baffled by the size of that boar up next to you!

Did y’all record the weight of all pigs taken that were found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I enjoyed the heck out of you and Mr Skinnys year long thread.

You and him did well, all the way around.

Rwc

Comment

Way to go guys!!
        I’d personally like to see another thread one year.
        Maybe a few months or even a month.
        You guys put the hammer on them

Last edited by Sparkles; 12-31-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Wait.......yall killed some pigs?...[emoji13][emoji23]

Jankie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Highlights....

Got to hunt four days with Skinny and Rob

Hey hey......Are Talltexshoote and I chopped liver?..

Comment

First off, no way would anyone in their right mind, set their mind to killing as many pigs as possible in a year with a bow...or would they? Well, FND and I sure did do just that...and it was the little competition we had going, and the regular followers/posters on our thread, that pushed us both to spend countless hours running cameras, filling feeders, killing pigs, capturing kill shots on video, videoing as much as possible, taking great LDPs to post up, and running a thread.

2017 was the perfect year as I was ready to retire the DXT for a Halon 32...and some of y’all know what a new bow can do for motivating you to kill chit! So, new bow in hand, max amount of pig killing sets in place, off I went.

I started out the year rather slow, but that soon changed as I had a huge number of pigs on the ranch and a plethora of them over at my Dad’s place.

I’m not sure how many sits I made from January till the end of June (we kinda slowed down after our hunt with the Sniper Hog Light guys), but I’d say I averaged 3 sits a week...and some sits lasting 6-7 hours.

I won’t get long winded here, but I had a hell of a time hunting pigs and running the thread with Jeff. I never thought we’d have so much success.

The thread is an epic live hunt that contains countless LDP’s, kill shot vids, tracking vids, etc. The thread got so big so fast, that if you didn’t keep up, it was prolly pretty dang hard to catch up and follow along.

I think the score would be pretty much even in the competition, but for some reason, my pigs were dumb as a box of rocks this year, and I was able to pull of a lot of doubles, triples, and a quadruple...insane. More times than not I was killing multiple pigs in one sit.

Here are a few LDPs...they are great reminders of an epic head pig hunting!

Those pics are great, but the over 70 kill shot videos I was able to capture are where it’s at for me. It took a lot of dedication to hunt so much and stay after it with the filming when it would be much easier not to lug all that gear around.

I had a blast!

Special thanks to Rob and Joe with Sniper Hog Lights for an awesome hunt down on the coast, and keeping us fixed up with the best night time pig killing equipment there is!

Also, a big-time thanks to the regulars that followed along, posted up, and participated in the thread....you know who you are! Y’all made it fun for us!

Here’s to 2018!

Happy New Year

Skinny

Comment

This thread is useless without "Shorty Short" pics!!

Comment

Two thumbs up!
                  KAP!

Comment

Congrats to both of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Twayne View Post
                      That’s a ton of pigs! And I’m baffled by the size of that boar up next to you!

Did y’all record the weight of all pigs taken that were found?

Heck no. It was tough enough to do all we did.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Hey hey......Are Talltexshoote and I chopped liver?..
                      Oops. Yes, Keith and Smart were indeed another highlight for me.

Comment

Oh and I also gotta thank Skylar and the Diamond C crew for a great hunt...always a good time at the C!

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Oops. Yes, Keith and Smart were indeed another highlight for me.

Well at least Keith..

Enjoyed both of those hunts..

Comment

Well done gentlemen, enjoyed following along on the pig carnage.

Comment

Thanks for all the testing. Who cares how a broad head performs through plywood or tire tread. I like to know how it performs in pigs!

Comment

Working...
                              X