Opinions on best quick release scope mounts for AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on best quick release scope mounts for AR

I have a new custom Seekins I'm liking to put glass on. I'm leaning towards a 1-6x scope but want to put a quick release "cam" type mount for the pic piccatiny rails. First, are these mounts reliable and second, which ones would you recommend?

If you get a good one they are very repeatable and reliable.

LaRue is one of the best on the market. American Defense mfg makes good mounts too. GG&G is good just on the heavy side. Well worth it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

LaRue has served me well

Comment

LaRue or ADM

Comment

I've used ADM, Larue, and Bobro. Here's my opinions on them.

The bobro clamp latch design is superior to the others in that it requires no adjustment, is very simple, repeatable, and bombproof. Finish wise it's also nicer than ADM or Larue. But the latch requires two hands, will wack your knuckles if you're not paying attention, and the mount is quite bulky.

The larue mount uses friction/pressure to lock on to the rail, which requires adjustment and can mar your rail. However, it's quite light, has good repeatability, and is also tough.

The ADM uses a clamp style like the bobro that requires tension adjustment. You can use it one handed, it's lighter than the bobro, and it can't mar your rail.

My new preference is for the ADM, given that it works as well as the other two and is cheaper.

Comment

I love my larues, have the extended with a Vortex Razor 1-6, it shoots lights out.

Comment

Love my LaRue mounts. Totally reliable and repeatable. Been using them for years. If I needed another AR scope mount for precision shooting, that's the route I'd go....again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Larue. They are the choice of the military. If you look at military optics, they generally have large mounts.

I use them almost exclusively. They return to zero.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I typically use Larue on all of mine but bobro is very nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

ADM is what I use, they work great.

Comment

American Defense. Use them with an aimpoint, and acog on my 15's as well as a nightforce on my 10 and they all have been removed, reinstalled, and have held true every time.

Comment

GG&G or Larue

Comment

Larue, you get what you pay for there.

Comment

I have used a couple LaRues and love em

Comment

GDM. Is my 2nd choice

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X