Feeling like a selfish jerk today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling like a selfish jerk today

My wife just started a new job on Monday. They are now booking her for a trip to Nepal to meet the people she will be talking on the phone with. I feel like a jerk because I cant make myself get excited for her. I don't know why, but it scares the heck out of me that she will be so far away. Its not like she is a couple hours away, and if something happens I can get there. It makes my sick to my stomach. Any of yall ever felt that way?

I wouldn't be too excited if my wife had to go to Nepal. I don't see that as being selfish.

Comment

If anything I'd feel jealous that she was going and I wasn't. But then again, we both travel a lot.

Comment

Yes, I talked my wife out of a girls trip to Mexico a few years ago. I don't want to be a hermit by any means, but there are plenty of places to visit inside the US that don't require international travel to bad parts of the world. I wouldn't really feel safe going anywhere outside of the US right now

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
          If anything I'd feel jealous that she was going and I wasn't. But then again, we both travel a lot.
          It is one of many places I would like to see one day. I am a little jealous no doubt.

Comment

Its okay to feel that way, but you need to support your wife!

Comment

Is there anyway you could swing going with her and making a vacation out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                Is there anyway you could swing going with her and making a vacation out of it?
                I wish.

Comment

I think you are, you should be supportive of her career and not just think of yourself. If she feels like this is the right move for her then support her.

Comment

OSAC is a partnership between the U.S. State Department and private-sector security community that enables the safe operations of U.S. organizations overseas through threat alerts, analysis, and peer network groups.

Comment

Shoot, I'd be looking at it as a free trip to the lease without my ol' lady griping at me.....but that's just me and she has accused me of being a selfish a-hole on one or two occasions...

Comment

If she is excited... then be excited outwardly for her. Schedule your own worries so that she doesnt feel guilty about you not being excited. Just let her know you are concerned for her safety but that you know the good Lord will keep his hand on her and return her safely and that you are proud of her new role and responsibility.

Comment

Wow!!! That is awesomeness and she obviously is a KEY component to that companies needs. Really great opportunity and CONGRATS to her are in order! Why not get her a Global Rescue plan?

Comment

Life's too short to act like a PITA. Be happy for her and help her make the best of the trip and pretend that you're not worried about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Wow!!! That is awesomeness and she obviously is a KEY component to that companies needs. Really great opportunity and CONGRATS to her are in order! Why not get her a Global Rescue plan?
                              http://scihouston.org/uploadfiles/eN...fer/index.html
                              Excellent advice assuming that her new company does not already have in place a system for intercontinental emergencies. Ask her to check that out.

Comment

Working...
                              X